Ch. 70: Songbird vs. Firebird!

Your POV

I shake my head to snap myself into reality. I close my eyes feeling a head rush in my brain. I opened my e/c eyes when my ears did not pick up a sound. I look at my opponent, seeing a hint of curiosity in her emerald orbs as she tilts her head a bit. I slowly rotate my head, eyeing the dead quiet crowd. I turn again to peek at Genma whose eyes are widened from my prediction.

"Uh..." I really want to shrink down into nothingness.

After a few agonizing moments, a shout abruptly cuts out the dense atmosphere. I snap my head to the source and find out that it was Naruto. He has both his arms up with a close eyed open grin. Another voice rings out in the battleground and I see Sakura standing on her feet shouting words of encouragement as well. Not a minute later, the audience follows in pursuit and all I can hear is a harmonious ovation.

Next to me, Genma lets out a deep chuckle. "Looks like you're about to make your prediction come true."

I didn't respond back as I prepared my pocket staff. Kaen and I waited, keeping a steady gaze on each other. Slowly, I move my hand behind me to strum my strings. Feeling the slim plastic flick beneath my fingers, my f/c chakra flares up in both of my hands. Then, all of a sudden, Kaen zips up to me causing me to gasp. Just as she was about to throw her weapon, I brought my staff up and blocked her attack.

"I gotta give you one thing, you are strong." I uttered out.

My arms shake as I try to overpower her strength. Thinking ahead, I shove my staff to the side to throw her off. That backfires however when she rolls over and lands in a crouch. Spinning my staff, I slam it on the ground showing a burst of my chakra. 

My surge of energy slithers its way to Kaen till it explodes

3rd POV

The thick dust cloud covers up the magenta haired kunoichi from y/n's view. She squints her eyes, gripping her staff tighter for any surprise attack. When the dust cloud clears up, the other girl is not in her spot anymore. The songbird keeps her guard up and rotates her body with complete focus.

"Where did she go?!" Naruto leans over the railing in anticipation.

Haku's cocoa brown eyes roamed around the field. "I'm not sure, but keep your eyes peeled."

Back to the little girl, her breath begins to quicken. "What's worse is that she's quiet as a mouse." She whispered to herself with a bit of fear in her voice.

Then, something unexpected happens. Y/n felt something slam on her mouth making her lips shut close.