Ch. 57: A Shadow in Darkness: Danger Approaches Sasuke

3rd POV

"Now then, the last two competitors, will you please step forward?" Hayate asked.

Just as Choji passes by y/n, she calls out to him with a gentle smile. "Hey Choji, good luck down there. I'll be cheering for you."

Choji smiles giddily with his swirly cheeks turning pink. "Thanks y/n, wait up for me after I win yeah?"

The young song girl giggles, "Sure, I'll be up here waiting." As soon as he turns around, y/n's smile diminishes down a bit for feeling sad. 'Even though you won't pass this challenge, you are still a winner in my book.'

The two candidates finally reach downstairs and walk up to the proctor.

Dosu mentally chuckles, 'So it's finally my turn.'

'Just keep your eyes on the prizes, make y/n proud and all you can eat barbecue.' Choji thought, keeping a steady gaze on his opponent.

Dosu is staring back at him, thinking, 'My job is to survive the main tournament and battle Sasuke and y/n. Isn't that right, Lord Orochimaru? I wouldn't want to disappoint you. I begin to see through your design. The reason you set us against Sasuke and y/n, but forbid us from killing them. The curse you put on him and the power you see in her. We were your pawns, weren't we my Lord? Put here merely to test the limits of their abilities. It's not their lives you want, it's them themselves. You played us all for fools, even me.' Above them, the screen display shows Dosu Kinuta vs. Choji Akimichi.

"All right, the 12th and final match will begin." Hayate announced. "Now, let the 12th round begin."

Shikamaru places his arm on the railing with an encouraging grin. "You can do it!"

"Fatso!" Ino shouted through her cupped hands.

The Akimichi's ear twitches and a vein appears on the side of his head from hearing that horrid word. "*Growls* Okay! I'm gonna finish this match. It's only gonna take about two seconds, and then I'm coming after you Ino!"

Y/n gives her pale blonde friend a weary glance. "I think you riled him up this time Ino." She just shrugs back at her, making y/n sweat drop.

"Fine, fatso. If you want this match to end quickly, I'll just win it quickly." Dosu afflicted him in a quiet tone.

Choji focuses back on Dosu with vengeful flamed eyes. "You're gonna go down hard you mummified weirdo." Both of his hands curl up into shaking fists and his frown deepens even more. 'I know his techniques all too well from my last battle with him. Those holes in his arm emit a pulsing sound, but if I can't hear it then he can't hurt me.' He crosses his arms outward before shouting out, "Ninja Arts: Expansion Jutsu!" His body inflates into a large ball. "Now, the Hidden Leaf Style Taijutsu!" He tucks in his limbs and head, leaving a rush of chakra bursting out through his clothes. 'This will protect my ears from his attacks and crush him like a bug!' He bounces up before rolling himself straight to Dosu like a bowling ball. "Human Boulder! Chubbies rule!!!"

"That's right Choji! Whooo!!!" Y/n beamed proudly.

Ino punches the air with an excited grin. "Yeah all right! Choji, you can do it! Squash him good for me!"

'That guy doesn't need to touch Choji to hit him with a powerful sonic attack, but they only work when Choji's ears are showing. With his head covered, it's like Choji's wearing ear plugs. Those sonic attacks are useless against that big meatball, especially when it's rolling.' Shikamaru watches Dosu leaping and avoiding the tumbling Choji until he leads him to a wall.

Half of his inflated body is crashes in the wall stuck, giving Dosu the advantage to jump up and aim his attack.

He chuckles darkly, "He barely has any control over where he's going." He sees Choji trying to escape but would not budge. "Now to end this!" He plants his fist on his back.