Ch. 53: Gaara vs. Rock Lee: The Power of Youth Explodes!

3rd POV

"I don't know if it's me, but I'm starting to feel a bit woozy..." Y/n's head dips from side to side like a motionless doll and her blurred vision is making her dizzy.

Lee and Sakura instantly notices her unusual behavior and inspects her.

"Maybe you should rest y/n, you do look a little pale." The pinkette has a worried glint in her minty orbs.

The h/c haired girl snaps her head to her with hooded eyes. "Whatcha talkin girl? I am fine and dandy." Her voice sounded slurred like she's drunk. She tries to stand up but somehow she loses her balance until Lee catches her. "Whoopsy daisy! Hehe~"

"Yep, she's out of it." Lee sighs.

Naruto and the five adults all stared at the little song girl in mixed concern and amusement. Neji however just scowls and marches up the stairs.

"Hey Greenie, I need to ask you something. Come closer." She whispered and bent her index finger to beckon him. Lee curiously moved his face closer, unaware of the number of guys giving him their stink eye. "Has anyone ever told you that you look like a cute mushroom?" She giggles with a close eyed smile.

Lee can feel his cheeks heating up and his hands turning clammy. "W-what?!" But y/n went unconscious with her head close to his neck. 'Did she just call me cute?' He looks down at her and blushes even more from seeing her sleeping figure. 'She's adorable.' With his other hand, he slides it underneath her legs and scoops her up bridal style.

"She should be checked in with the medics but I think they're occupied right now." Sakura pointed out, standing up.

Lee turns to the staircase, telling her, "She could just rest up on the balcony. I don't mind taking her."

Guy can't help but feel proud and adored from his student's care. 'Way to go Lee!'

On the stairs, Lee freezes momentarily from feeling the young song girl nuzzling under his chin like a kitten. His skin feels like it's on fire as well as electricity shooting up through his veins. He quickly jogs up the rest of the stairs and to his spot. He gently lays her down on the ground and hears the rest of their peers coming close to them. On the ground floor, Ibiki has a broom in his hands and he starts to sweep off Hinata's blood.

"Whoa Choji, glad I'm not you. I mean, you've still got the toughest ones left." Shikamaru places his hand on his hip. "I wouldn't want to face any of them. That creepy guy from the Sound Village? And Rock Lee's got to be tough if he took on Sasuke. And the mysterious Rain Village guy who is probably teamed up with y/n's opponent. And especially not that Sand Village guy. I don't even like being in the same room with him."

Choji is starting to feel queasy and his legs begin to buckle. "I'm not feeling so good." He crouches down to the ground with his bandaged hands sliding down the metal railing. "Maybe I ought to go ahead and forfeit right now." His tears peeks through the outer corner of his eyes.

"What?" Choji and his team turn to their sensei in confusion. "You know, if you win, I'll take you for barbecue." Asuma bargained.

"Wha?! Come on!" The chubby boy exclaimed in despair and turned face front.

Asuma walks up to him and bends down on his knee. "Choji, come on, don't worry. If it gets bad, we'll step in and stop the fight just like with Hinata, okay? Think of it, all the short ribs you can eat..."

'That's a low blow. Playing on his weak spot?' Ino looks down at him with a judging gaze.

Shikamaru who is also staring at him with his arms folded thinks, 'When did he step in and stop the fight anyway?'