Ch. 9: My Name is Konohamaru!

Your POV

The next day, it's time to get our pictures taken to be a certified shinobi. After I finished brushing my h/l h/c hair, I began thinking if I should just let it down or do a h/s style while putting on my ninja headband. I decided to updo my h/s, since I want to look good for the picture. When I'm done, I put on my wooden ukulele and exit out through the front door and lock it. Then, I take a sidestep to Naru's door and do our secret knock. Just like last time, he abruptly opens the door for the last beat except this time, with his hilarious white and red face paint. I cover my mouth with both of my hands to stop myself from laughing out loud. I can't help it, when you see this in person, it's an automatic laughing trigger. Before he greeted me, however, he stops and stares at me. Feeling a bit self-conscious, I cleared my throat and said good morning to him.

"Ah! G-good morning n/n chan! Sorry, I can't help but notice your new hairstyle, it looks nice. Anyway, ready for our picture?!" He asked me with a comical grin.

I manage out a giggle and respond, "Thank you, and you bet Naru! By the way, that is some face paint."

"Hehe, I see you noticed my work of art." He smirks at me.

I smirk back, "Pffft, yeah it's gorgeous."

I let out a chuckle when he grins big for thinking I complimented him. As we kept on walking, the people around us were looking at us, mostly Naru in mixed emotions. Some were laughing, some have the "WTH" face, while the rest just ignore him, already use to his shenanigans. We finally arrive at the place where the photographer takes the Genin pictures. We both decided that I can go first. I walk up to the stool and sat on it thinking of which pose I should do. I shrug and decided to do a finger heart pose as I smiled big at the camera.

After he counted down, I see a bright white light flash before my eyes which blinded me for a few seconds

After he counted down, I see a bright white light flash before my eyes which blinded me for a few seconds. Next, he gave the printed pictures to me.

"Thank you!" I bowed my head to him and stand up.

I walk towards Naru and gave him a nudge on his shoulder to tell him it's his turn.

"I'll wait for you."

He nods with a funny grin and walks proudly to the stool. When the old man looks up towards Naru, he had an annoyed look on his face. I chuckled at that.

With an irritated tone, he asks him "Listen kid. You sure you want me to take your picture like that?"

"Just do it, come on already! Come on, come on!" Naru exclaimed impatiently.

With a sigh, the old man gives up. "Don't blame me later." He lifts the black cloth and covers his head with it while instructing, "Say cheese!" with a click of a button.

With his funny pose, I snorted and laughed out loud while grabbing my sides.

Timeskip in Hokage's Office