Ch. 75: Late for the Show, but Ready to Go! Ultimate Secret Technique is Born!

3rd POV

"Sensei please, you just have to stop this match right away!"

Kakashi widens his eye at Naruto. "What?"

Sakura quietly gasps at her teammate.

The one eyed jonin stares at him and y/n for a bit longer till he turns his head and closes his eye. "Relax, no need to panic."

"Huh?" Naruto is caught off guard from his calm response.

Everybody else is just as surprised as him, well except for the song bird.

"You know, Sasuke and I weren't just goofing around. There's a reason we were so late getting here." He gazes downward to his pupil who has a cunning smile on his features and is wiping away his bloody cheek with the back of his hand.

In front of Sasuke, the floating eyeball stares right back at him eerily. The surrounding sand spirals around the organ until it disappears.

'The Third Eye, but that technique... What's he doing?' Temari grinds her teeth. "Gaara."

Hidden in the ball of sand, Gaara continues to chant his jutsu under his breath. Outside, Sasuke prepares his stance and bolts straight on with a battle cry. Fishing out three kunais from his weapon pouch, he hurls them in speed. The attack was futile when it bounced off the sand, so he transported himself to the otherside of the sphere and sped up with his fist drawn. Within a close distance, the outside layer of sand forms into sharp spikes. With his Sharingan, he narrowly misses the offensive attack and punches the protective sphere with all of his might. In haste, he leaps back before the spikes can get to him. That didn't stop there when the moving sand stretched itself towards the boy. The Uchiha jumps, runs, and backflips until he flies up in the air. Readying his foot, he lands a harsh kick on top of the sphere. Not once did he make a mark, but instead made the sand spike itself.

'Well that won't work, big surprise.' His ruby red eyes blaze in annoyance. 'I don't know what you're up to, you gonna stay in there forever?' He claws his left hand. 'Well that's fine with me, stall all you want.' He brings his clawed hand close to his face. 'I can use the time getting ready for what I've got in store for you.' With that, he pops open his arm guard.

Outside of the Leaf Village...

In the woods, several Anbu Black Ops dash through rows of shady trees. The last one stops when he feels something off in the air. He slowly rotates his head in caution and squints his eyes behind his white bird mask.

His comrade asks him, "What is it? Something wrong?"

"No." He tilts his head up to inspect any intruders within the leaves but he sees none. "I must have imagined it."

"Well get moving."

He leaps off following his group, but fails to know that he was right. Because behind some bushes are not one, not two, but hundreds of other ninjas from both the Sound and Sand villages. The sound ninja lifts his right hand as a signal that the coast is clear. Turning his hand, everybody leaps off without another sound.

Back to the arena...

Kakashi has a distant look in his eye, having a bad feeling in his gut when Sakura calls out to him. "Sensei?"

He faces her curiously, "Hm?"

"You said there was a good reason you were late. What were you doing?"

"Hm, well it's kind of a long story."

Not wanting to waste another time, Naruto stomps his feet on the stairs. "Oh come on! Will you please do something?! This is no time for talking!"

"You're right, so shut up and watch." Kakashi said with a stern tone.