Ch. 28: Identify Yourself: Powerful New Rivals

Your POV

As he gaze into my e/c eyes, my heart felt like it froze. Behind his eyes, I can see that he has no emotion, has a crazed monster within him, and was not being treated equally through childhood. After a few moments of staring, he finally moves his stare towards his brother. I quietly breathe out, unknowing that I held it in.

"Have you forgotten the reason we came all the way here?" Gaara asked coldly.

"Uh I know. I-I mean, they challenged us. They started the whole thing really. See, here's what happened—" Gaara cut off Kitty crudely.

"Shut up."

I look at Kitty, seeing him jump a little with a terrified look in his eyes. Then, I turn back to the redhead seeing how intimidating his seafoam eyes are.

"Or I'll kill you."

"Ah, right. I was totally out of line. I-I'm sorry Gaara, I-I was totally out of line."

Gaara turns his head to us. "I'm sorry, for any trouble he caused." All of a sudden, he turns into sand and transports himself to the ground near his siblings.

Everyone except the siblings and Duckie gasp and turn their heads towards me. I am still focus on Gaara as he walks up to them.

"Let's go. We didn't come here to play games."

"A-all right sure. I get it." Kitty said, not wanting him to get even madder.

"Hold on!" They kept on walking. "Hey!" PB shouted out, running a few steps to them.

"What?" Pigtails didn't look back.

"I can tell from your headband that you're from the village Hidden in the Sand. Of course the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind are allies, but no shinobi can enter another's village without permission. So state your purpose, and it better be good!"

"Uh, PB's?" I wanted to tell her but Pigtails beat me to it.

"Really? Have you guys been living under a rock or what? You don't know what's going on do you? We have permission." She shows us her pass. "Of course you're correct, we are Hidden Sand Genin. Our home is the Land of the Wind, and we're here for the Chunin Exams. Get the picture?"

"The Chunin Exams? What's that?" Naru asked out loud.

"You're kidding me, right Naru?" I sweat drop.

"Well I never heard of any Chunin Exams, believe it." He told me.

I pinch my nose bridge.

"I believe it all right, that you're totally clueless." She roasted him.

'Ooooooh!!!'

"Hey Boss, those are the exams that every Genin's got to take in order to graduate to being a full on Chunin." Konohamaru informed him.

Naru finally understands and happily exclaims, "Oh! Well why didn't you say so?! I am so there!"

I hear Gaara scoff and continues to walk away. Until Duckie jumps off the branch and stands in front of us.

"Hey, you! Identify yourself!" Duckie demanded.

Pigtails turn to him with a blush, pointing at herself. "Hm? You mean me?"

"No him. The guy with a gourd on his back." Duckie points.

They both look at Gaara questionably, until he turns around.

"My name is Gaara, of the Desert. I'm curious about you and the h/c haired girl too."

My eyes widened in shock, I mean, why would he ask for me?!