Ch. 64: Hospital Besieged: the Evil Hand Revealed!

3rd POV

A harsh knocking on the front door has woken up the two sand siblings.

"Open up, now!" They heard.

They rush to the door, finding their sensei Baki with a furious expression.

Temari is puzzled and Kankuro asks, "So, what's up? What's all the ruckus?"

"You idiots! Didn't I tell you not to let him out of your sight for a second?!" Baki spat out.

Both the siblings gasp in shock and eye each other in fear. They both sprint down the hall towards their younger brother's room, finding it dark and empty.

The kunoichi's voice wavers. "Oh no, Gaara's gone."

"Yeah, but where?" Kankuro can feel his blood run cold.

Behind them, their sensei walks forward to the brightly lit window narrowing his eyes. "This is bad. Very bad."

At the Konoha hospital...

On a small desk is a small hourglass, its soft green sand pours silently on the bottom. Near the table is a knocked out Naruto who is laying under the covers. Across from him are two of his friends, Shikamaru and y/n who are both playing shogi. On his turn, he places his piece to another spot.

"I win." The Nara said.

Y/n looks down at their pieces in confusion. "Already? But I barely moved my piece!"

He chuckles, "That's how the game is played."

"This is the dumbest game that I ever—!" She gets interrupted when Shikamaru clears his throat with a smirk. "I can just play it all day." She said with a fake smile and started setting up the game.

The boy turns himself around to see if Naruto finally wakes up, but alas he didn't. "Man, is he ever gonna wake up? Maybe the kid croaked."

"Ha, I see ya. Good one!" Y/n chuckles.

Shikamaru raises his brow. "What do you mean?"

"Never mind." She continues setting up the game and hears her friend sigh.

At a flower shop...

A pot of white daffodils are in view when a hand grabs one of them. It was Sakura who grabbed the flower with a solemn look on her face.

"You're wasting your time if those are for Sasuke."

Sakura snaps out of it with a small blush on her cheeks. She swiftly turns her head to see Ino by the register. Ino smugly chuckles through her closed lips just by seeing the look on Sakura's face.

The pink haired girl gets up. "Ino..."

Ino tsks and wags her finger at her. "So you haven't heard the news that he still hasn't come back yet? You're a little behind the curve, aren't you Billboard Brow?"

"As a matter of fact, I was getting it for Lee." She explained, making Ino gasp. "The last one must be wilting by now." She lifts up the dying flower in her hand feeling her heart ache.

The blonde girl exhales feeling the same way. "Yeah, you're right."

They both remember their injured friend Lee who was strenuously training himself when he should be bedridden.

Back to them, Ino wraps up the white flower with pink paper and gives it to her rival with a kind smile. "Here you go."

"Thank you." The pinkette hugs the flower happily.

"Tell him hi. I hope he's feeling better." Ino receives a nod from her.

Back to the hospital...