Ch. 65: The Final Rounds: Rush to the Battle Arena!

1st POV

I am sitting on my bedroom floor, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I am wearing a pair of f/c shorts with a f/c tank top, allowing me to see my deep scars on my right arm. Then, a memory itches inside my mind. The memory of conversing with Ursa Major.

Flashback...

I am still on top of her giant furry head, gazing longingly towards the same direction where the chief toad and Naruto hopped off to.

"Now child, is there something you want to tell me?" She snuffs out some air from her nostrils.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, there is something special about you." I flinched from her statement.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked her again.

I listen to her rumble, "Don't pretend you don't know young lady. I may be blind but I can still smell that you're not from around here."

'Oh no, she's got me now.' I audibly gulp my saliva. "Well, I did move here not too long ago."

"Mhmm, but before moving here you came from somewhere far, far, far away." I did not say anything, fearing I might say something I'll regret. "Don't worry child, you're secret's safe with me. However, there's someone else who should know about this and it's not my place to tell her."

Confused, I climbed all the way down to the ground. "Who's her?"

"Why Himitsu of course." My e/c orbs widened. "Speaking of..."

End of flashback...

I let out a deep sigh, pondering if I should tell her or not. My thoughts soon get interrupted from a loud knock on my front door. Any of my three roomies would have answered the door, but sadly they are out and about. Either training for the big day tomorrow or having the time of their life in a bar. I slowly get up on my feet and shuffle down the dark hall. Twisting the doorknob, the door creaks as it is being opened. Once it is wide enough, I tilt my head up to see Naruto.

"Hi n/n, thought I could stop by to see if you wanna walk with me?" He gives me a warm hearted smile.

I smiled back at him and said, "Sure, let me just get my sweater." Quickly, I jog back into the living room and grab my f/c sweater off the coat rack. "Okay let's go." I lock my door and hook my arm around his ready to head out.

What I didn't see was that Naru's cheeks begin turning double shades of pink.

Later on...

During our walk, it was pretty quiet except for a couple of friendly nudges here and there. We passed by the festival, everybody there was filled with joy and happiness. The twinkling lights glow warmly around us. It was nice, so nice that yesterday's memory is put aside in my brain. Soon, the sun finally settles down and in its place is the shining moon. Just in time, we stumbled upon the arena. For a few moments, we just stand there staring at the locked battle arena and hearing crickets chirping.

Naruto finally breaks the silence, "Tomorrow huh?"

"Yup." My face lacks any reaction at all. "Come on Naru, let's go." I gently pull his arm and take him to Ichiraku's.

Might as well have a great meal before the last competition right?

We're now sitting by the booth, waiting for Teuchi who is cooking our steaming ramen. Naruto is unusually quiet with his head down and holding a cup of water. I am also quiet, picking my fingernails nervously and thinking about Gramps.