Ch. 82: Astonishing Truth! Gaara's Identity Emerges!

3rd POV

Zooming through the forest trees are the three genins with their ninja dog still on the chase.

Pakkun smells another scent. "Uh oh." He lands on a random branch with Sakura stopping next to him on her knee.

"What is it?" She asked him.

Both Naruto and y/n leap past them.

Naruto turns his head to them, not paying attention to where he's heading. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Y/n immediately stops when she sees an upcoming tree in front of them. "Naruto, look out for that tree!"

But it's too late, he body slams the tree face first. The songbird winces and sucks in air through her teeth.

He leans his upper body back and cries out feeling a bruise coming in. "You want to clue me in on what's going on?!" He waves his arms wildly to get back his balance.

"Smells like they're in motion. Sasuke along with two of the other ones, and they're moving fast. Smells to me like Sasuke's chasing them."

"Huh?" Naruto, who's body is splayed on the trunk like a lizard, snaps out of it and faces the pup again.

Sakura also gives the dog a glance. "You sure?"

"But there are two more still there not moving."

Naruto shakes his fist back and forth. "So what? Who cares about them? We've got to catch Sasuke! Come on!"

"What is it?" The pinkette notices the pug's behavior. "What's the matter?"

"The two that are left are about to fight. I can smell it."

Y/n's e/c eyes widened. 'Shino, Kankuro!'

"Even if it means losing some time, we should go around them just to be safe." The dog pointed out.

"Are you crazy? We don't have time to lose time. So what if they're fighting? Big deal. I say full speed ahead!"

"Aye aye captain." The songbird muttered in sarcasm.

Sakura scolds him with her short hair swinging. "Oh, grow up Naruto, will you? Who knows what'll happen if we get caught in the crossfire? What we don't have time for is to get mixed up in someone else's fight, no matter how much youmight get a kick out of it."

The spiky blonde kicks his leg back and forth. "What are you talking about? Who says I get a kick—"

"Listen kid, our mission is to bring Sasuke back. We should try and avoid any fighting if possible, let alone go out and look for it. Come on!" The dog bounds off.

"Right, let's go." The minty eyed girl follows after him.

The songbird hops on another branch and calls out, "Come on bud, we got no time to lose."

"Okay, okay, I'm coming." He whined a bit but went along with them regardless.

With Shino & Kankuro...

The two males are on the same branches just having a stare down. Kankuro's face is shadowed while Shino's is lit up from the sunlight. He watches the puppet user laying his hands flat together and bringing them close to his shut eyes.

Snapping them open, 'Puppet Master Jutsu.' He unwraps his puppet free, making it spin around in speed. 'Wish we have more time together y/n.'

Shino furrows his eyebrows deeper as the dusty whirlwind covers them. Within the dust, Kankuro connects his chakra strings from his fingertips to Crow and bends his fingers. Hearing the wooden creak, he smirks and brings his hand up. The wooden doll also lifts up its head with its sharp mouth agape. Shino's face stays neutral upon seeing the creepy puppet's arms and legs wrapped around its puppeteer. The beetle on the Aburame's skin calls out to its peers and soon enough, multiples of the same beetle crawls out of his sleeve and onto his open hand. Both of his arms become encased from thousands of beetles that are chirping and flying in the air. A sweat forms on Kankuro's temple but he didn't break off his stare.