Ch. 24: White Past, Hidden Ambition

3rd POV

The strong whirlwinds blow through the openings of the dome. Haku stares at Naruto feeling intimidated from this amount of power and the humongous change of character. (A/N: Another pun. :P)

'The blood lust in his eyes. This is no longer a child!'

Naruto roars out in fury with one goal in mind. Y/n, who is on the sidelines with Sasuke, feels distraught seeing her best friend looking possessed. Her heart races and her hands shake in fear for both of them. At the same time, Haku throws his needles and Naruto races towards him. As soon as the needles zoom near his face, Naruto roars again using his chakra to block the attack. Haku winces from the heat of it and disappears before Naruto gets to him. The blonde ninja skids to a stop and looks around, searching for Haku.

'His chakra grows stronger every second. I must strike now.' With that, a large number of his reflections appear in every mirror and simultaneously, throws the needles again.

This time, making their mark except, after a few seconds, Naruto manages to propel the sharp objects away from his body. Haku covers his masked face, until his opponent leaps closer to him and punches the ice mirror. His punch is so powerful, that the ice shatter in pieces. The young mercenary shows up in one of the pieces, falling out and trapping him from above.

'Now. Now!' Naruto turns his head just in time and avoids his attack, spinning in midair and landing in a crouch. Haku crash lands on the ground making the rocks and debris fly everywhere. 'Impossible!'

Quick as a flash, he tries to move back to his mirror until someone grabs his arm. Naruto swings him back with a growl, getting ready to beat him to a pulp.

'Those eyes!' Haku thought in fear as the demonic chakra unleashes again.

Outside of the dome, Kakashi froze in alarm. 'Could it be?! The seal has been broken?! No, it's been loosened, and a glimmer of the Nine-Tailed Fox's chakra has slipped through. But the seal still holds.'

He quickly opens up his vest pocket and takes out a scroll.

He throws it up in the air while thinking, 'Good, then maybe we still have a chance.' As he catches it, the scroll opens and he swipes his thumb on the sharp end of his vest, drawing out blood. Next, he slides his bloody thumb down the open scroll creating a long, straight red line. 'Just maybe!'

As the end of his scroll waves with the wind, Kakashi calls out his enemy. "Zabuza, I don't mean to spoil your fun. I know how you like to stretch these things out, but how about we put an end to this now?"

He spins his scroll like how a ballerina spins their ribbon wand. When he throws it back in the air, the scroll rolls up and closes. Kakashi catches it with a prepared hand sign.

"Come on, what do you say? We're both busy people." Kakashi convinces, hoping to trap him.

Through the thick mist, Zabuza ponders over it. "Hm, tempting. I'm curious to see how you intend to back up such brave words, show me Kakashi!"

Haku's arm is still gripped brutally by Naruto, and the harsh waves of the Nine-Tails's chakra breaks the ice mirrors into fragments. Y/n hurriedly protects Sasuke's body from the ice and grunts in pain feeling more scratches on her arms and legs. Haku's other hand forms a hand sign with his long hair swooshing wildly around him.

He struggles and thinks, 'I can't.... His energy is too strong!'

Naruto growls menacingly and clenches his clawed fist, powering it up. He brings his powered fist back and lands an extremely strong punch right on Haku's masked face. He flies through the air and through one of his mirrors, crashing it. The sound of breaking ice rings in the air, reaching to y/n's ears. Her head snaps back to them in an instant.