Ch. 39: Sakura Blossoms!

3rd POV

Lee is having trouble with keeping his balance as he pants heavily. His dizziness affects his eyesight too. All of a sudden, he throws up in front of Dosu. Y/n gasp, feeling worried about his condition.

"Lee what's wrong?!" Sakura asked him in concern.

Lee didn't answer her, he kept coughing and trying to catch his breath. Then, his eyes widened, feeling some liquid running down from his ear. Y/n looks closer, seeing that it is his blood trickling down.

"Lee!" She yelled out.

He sits on his knees, clutching onto his ear. "My, my ear!" He hears his voice echoing out.

"Oh, I forgot to mention this little gadget I wear." Dosu shows him his armored arm. "You might be able to dodge my blows, but you can't get away from it."

"YOU FREAKING JERK OFF!!! ONCE I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, YOU'RE GONNA WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN!!!" The little song girl lashed out.

Sakura who feels equally furious, thinks, 'What trick has he got up his sleeve now?'

Dosu laughs out cold heartedly. "I don't need to strike you with my fists. I can hit you with the power of sound."

"S-Sound?" Lee strenuously asked.

Haku, y/n, and Sakura all glare tremendously at the sound ninja.

"What makes it possible for the ear to hear things? What is sound, really?" Dosu clenches his fist.

The pinkette grits her teeth, "Vibrations."

"Give the little lady a prize. Yes, the vibration of molecules in the air creates a sound wave." He grabs his ear with his pointer finger and thumb. "These vibrations are collected by the ear, then directed to your eardrum. The human eardrum, the tympanic membrane, ruptures when exposed to sound levels in excess of 150 decibels. Moreover, if the sound is powerful enough to upset the fluid within the deepest inner ear canals, it becomes impossible for you to maintain your balance." Lee grunts out horrified. "Feeling a little dizzy? Nauseous? That's right, best if you don't even try to stand up for a while."

Zaku adds on, "You see buddy, that old fashioned Taijutsu stuff won't work against us." Lee growls, still holding onto his ear. "Not that you're not pretty good at it. It's just that, what's the point? Compared to our jutsu, that stuff's totally yesterday's news." He crosses his fists into an X. "See, I can manipulate ultrasonic waves and air pressure. I can do things you've never even dreamed of. I can obliterate boulders, or make the ground itself as soft as a feather cushion. Face it little man, you're up against the jutsu of the future." He opens his hands, revealing one hole for each of them, blowing out pressures of air.

Haku squints his eyes and Sakura gasps from seeing them, making him chuckle evilly.

Just as Lee gives them his hard stare, he remembers his sensei, Guy telling him, "Remember, this jutsu is to be used only as a last resort, and then only to protect someone very precious to you."

"Right, only to protect someone very precious to me." He told him boldly.

Guy puts his hand on his shoulder proudly. "You've done real well. I'll never get over how quickly you were able to master it, you lovable mop-top." He pokes Lee's forehead with a hearty chuckle. "I'm proud of you, Lee."

The flashback ends, with Lee still struggling from his injury.

"Now, then, little girl." He turns to y/n, making Lee's eyes go wide. "It's your turn!" He sped run towards her with a battle cry.