Ch. 40: Battle Formation: Ino-Shika-Cho!

Author's Note: Hi folks, just a bit of warning that there are mentions of depression and hint of suicidal thoughts in this chapter. Okay, I'll let you get back to reading. 😊🙂🧡
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your POV

"Awe great, here we go again. Where am I now?"

I look around where I'm at, seeing everything mainly sparkling f/c.

"What in the name of unconsciousness is this?!"

My e/c roam around a bit quickly, until I see something up ahead. I feel my legs moving on their own making myself jog a little faster within a second. I finally stop, gasping on what or who is in front of me. It is my younger self, sitting on the floor with her face buried in her crossed arms. I can see her tiny form shake a little with quiet sniffles.

I was about to put my hand on her shoulder until I heard her murmur, "Why me?"

I tilt my head in confusion, waiting for what else she has to say.

"Why does she/he have to be gone?" She whimpered.

My shoulders sag and my lips curve down to a frown, knowing who she's talking about.

'F/r/n.' (AN: Friend/relative's name) I thought.

Soon, the mind scape suddenly changes to a familiar hospital room. I turn my head, seeing her/him on her/his death bed, covered with a white thin blanket from head to toe. Our friends and family are all around f/r/n, mourning for their loss. I turn my head again, trying to find little me but she is nowhere in the room. That is until I see my auntie exiting out of the room and into the hallway. I follow her through the door and walk a few steps down till I see little me, still in the same position against a wall.

Our auntie bends down near her, telling her softly, "I know she/he means a lot to you, but things will get better in time. If you need anything, give me a call and I will help you with anything you need."

"Yeah right." I said, looking at her disappointedly as she walks away, leaving us alone.

Every time I did call her, she never answered. More likely, she gets drunk and goes to clubs, befriending a lot of toxic people. I shake my head and plop my butt on the floor next to myself.

"Why am I even remembering this? Now, out of all the days I lose consciousness, it has to be today. Why?!" I grab my forehead, feeling a headache coming on from all of this stress.

"It should have been me." I hear her whispered.

I turn slightly towards her curiously.

"I should have taken her/his place. She/he doesn't deserve to leave this world. I do, I have nothing to live for here. No one, not even my own family wants me around anymore."

I give her my full attention, this time she is looking at me with her tear stained face.

3rd POV

Back in the Forest of Death, the purple mist of the curse mark get's even more denser and more foul.

Sakura is still on the ground, looking up at her rival. "Ino... But why?"

The blonde huffs and half heartedly responds, "I'm tired of you showing off in front of Sasuke and trying to get all of the credit!"

"These Leaf Village worms will be sorry they squirm their way into something that doesn't concern them." Dosu growled out.

Choji gets intimidated from his glare and snaps his head to his teammates. "Are you two crazy? What are we doing here?! These guys are bad news man!"