Ch. 25: The Weapons Known as Shinobi

3rd POV

"Go on, finish it. Kill me. Why do you hesitate? I thought you wanted to be a mighty warrior?" Haku pushed him.

Naruto growls, "That's not what it's about! Do you really believe that's all there is to it? Just fighting and killing till there's only one man left standing?!" Haku didn't answer, not feeling conflicted with it. "There's a lot more to being shinobi than that. And there are other ways of showing your strength than just by beating someone in battle."

"I've had a feeling all along, from the first moment we met in the woods. We were a lot alike." Naruto widens his eyes in shock. "I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm only sorry that it must be your hand that is tainted with my unworthy blood."

Naruto trembles on what he will ask next, "You sure about this? And you're positive that it's the only way?"

Without a second thought, Haku answers, "Yes."

This time, y/n butts in. "Haku please! Think about what you're doing! Enough of these negative thoughts! Getting yourself killed, doesn't end the chances of your life getting worse, it eliminates the possibility of it ever getting any better!"

Haku takes a long look at the young kunoichi. Her h/c hair is all matted and tangled from their battle, her s/c skin is covered in scratches and bruises, and her e/c eyes glistens with fresh tears that are about to run down. A hint of sadness and heartbreak is shown in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Y/n, you and I both know that this is my destiny. Knowing your next prediction, I won't last long living in this world."

Before she can speak a word, she begins to feel a familiar sudden pain in her head. She groans and holds onto her head tightly causing them to watch her in concern. Then, before they know it, her eyes glow f/c again and she sings out her prediction. (👆🏼😁👆🏼)

"Everywhere I turn, I hurt someone

But there's nothing I can say to change

The things I've done

Of all the things I hid from you

I cannot hide the shame

And I pray someone, something will come

To take away the pain

There's no way out of this dark place

No hope, no future

I know I can't be free

But I can't see another way

I can't face another day"

Y/n's tears begin to trickle down as she keeps going. Haku listens to her song sadly, already knowing what will happen to him. Naruto's mouth trembles as his hope for this boy staying alive decreases even more.