Chapter 56:

"Jess, Dr. Schroeder and I spoke this morning. He has signed the papers to have you admitted back at the treatment center. We are leaving to take you in the morning." My mom informed me before I even had a chance to settle in.

"I told you before that I am not going. You are always trying to send me away. I should have stayed with the band. I knew you would try this shit again." I screamed back at her.

"Sweet Pea, I never want to send you away, but it is what we have to do to get you better." She tried to sound sweet and motherly. I wasn't buying any of it.

"We are not having this conversation again." I ground my teeth in anger.

"It's not a choice. It would be better if we could do this the easy way and you go willingly. Please don't fight this." My Mom nudged Cam over so she could sit next to me. Uncle Aiden wrapped his hand around mine and squeezed it tightly while my mom snuggled in close to try to comfort me.

"You should listen to your mom, Jessa. You are not well right now." Uncle Aiden said in a soft tone.

"I'm fine. In fact, I am better than fine. I'm fan-friggin-tastic. Why won't any of you believe me? There is nothing wrong with me." I pulled my hand away from Uncle Aiden's. They all needed to stop pretending this was for me. This was always for them because it was easier to send me away than to deal with the fact that I wasn't who they wanted me to be.

"Hey, Cameron. Come here a second." My Dad called and motioned for him to follow him out of the room.

I gave Cameron a concerned look. I didn't want him to leave me alone. I needed him to be with me. I had already been too far away from him for too long.

"Cami." I whined.

"Don't worry, Jess. I'll be right back." Cameron reassured me.

Cameron rose to his feet and made his way over to my Dad, who was standing near the stairs in the entryway.

My eyes followed every movement Cameron made as he stepped out of the room and stood in front of my Dad. They started having another heated debate about something. They were keeping their voices too low for me to hear what they were arguing about. My Dad was probably threatening him again for sleeping with me.

Cam was rubbing the back of his neck and shaking his head no with a frown. My Dad placed his hands on Cameron's shoulders and hunkered down a little lower to look him in the eye. He looked like he was giving him some sort of fatherly wisdom. He poked him in the chest and nodded, trying to get Cameron to agree with him.

I wondered what they were talking about. Cam's face was filled with stress and my Dad looked overly calm, which was strange. Cam ran his hands through his hair and looked back at me. I smiled at his gorgeous face.

Cameron was my everything.

He closed his eyes and turned his attention back to my Dad. He nodded yes to him. My Dad patted him on the arm before coming back in the room with us to join back in on the fun.

"Jessa. Please focus on what I am saying." My Mom said, trying to snap me back into reality. She shook my arm, trying to get me to pay attention to her. It didn't work, there was only one person in the room who could hold my interest and it was the boy standing in the doorway staring at me.

"Huh?" I asked, locking eyes with Cameron as he leaned against the doorway. He gave me the tiniest crooked smile, which made the little dimple on his cheek appear. I wanted to go launch myself at him and kiss every inch of his adorably sexy face.

Mom placed her hand on my cheek and turned my head away from Cameron to look at her.

"I said that we need to go upstairs and start packing some of your things." She ran her hands over my hair to move it away from my face.

"I will kill myself before I go back there." I raised my eyebrow at her and crossed my arms over my chest. I couldn't believe we were right back to this again. We would go round and round in circles and always end up right back where we started.

My Mom went to open her mouth when Cam butted in.

"Jessa, you don't have to go there if you don't want to. You can come stay with me." Cam was smoldering down at me with bedroom eyes. He smiled and looked me up and down. I felt the little flutters in my stomach come to life when his gaze rested on the spot where my thighs met.

"Really, Cami? You want me to come with you?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah, darling. I want you to come stay with me, just the two of us. Will you come home with me?" He smiled as he walked over from the doorway to take my hand in his. He pulled me to my feet and began to walk me out of the room.

"See, Mom, I don't have to go to the stupid center. Cameron will take care of me. He always takes care of me. Cameron loves me." I stuck my tongue out as I walked away from her triumphantly.

"Cam, honey, I know you mean well, but Jessa really needs..." My Mom started to protest.

"Let him take her home, Ry." My Dad interjected, cutting her off before she could finish her thought.

"She needs to be at the center with a medical team who can help her." She got up to her feet and started to go for my hand to pull me away from Cameron.

"Leave her alone. The girl doesn't want to go. Let her do what she wants. She's an adult now. She's old enough to make her own decisions. There's nothing we can do to stop her. If she wants to go home with Cameron, then she can. It's her life. Let her live it."

"Ezra, this isn't..."

"Riley. Don't argue with me." Dad stood tall, shutting her up instantly.

"Go Dad!" Bad Jessa was waving her pompoms in his direction, cheering him on. Dad had my back; he knew what I needed most right now was the blond boy holding my hand. I may be a little off right now, but Cami would keep my feet on the ground. I was automatically better because I had him in my life again.

"Come on, Jessa. Let's go." Cam wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my forehead.

My mom was trying to go towards the door to try to stop us from leaving. Dad ran interference and pulled her to him to keep her out of our way. She began screaming in his face as he wrapped his arms around her.

He leaned down to whisper something in her ear. She looked back at me and nodded, giving into him. I guess he just convinced her that I was better off with Cam than that stupid facility.

It was about time someone finally talked some sense into her.

"Love you, Mom." I waved and blew her a kiss as I walked out the front door.

"I love you too, Jessa." She said with her voice breaking at the end.