Chapter 5:

The sun was too bright as I tried to hitchhike myself across town. If I had my phone, I would have called a rideshare service to come save me. I didn't know how I would have paid them, but I'm sure I could have worked out a deal somehow. I could be very resourceful when I was strapped for cash.

Instead, I found myself shambling across town on foot towards the only liquor store that still let me in. I could kill two birds with one stone, maybe three birds if the right employee was there. Free booze, a phone call, and maybe a quickie out back in the alley.

The little bell on the door chimed as soon as I pulled it open. I walked into the store and put on my best winning smile when I saw the boy standing behind the counter. He was one of my favorites. I walked up to the cash register and leaned onto the counter.

"Hey, what's a girl got to do to use the phone around here?" I smiled and bit my lip as I stared at the lean brown-haired boy behind the counter. He was moderately cute, a little skinny for my taste, but cute enough to keep me busy for a while until Nate got to the studio.

"Jessa." He smiled down at me, licking his lips. "Long time no see. You're looking a little more desperate than usual today."

"Are you going to help me or what?" I said, pushing my unruly hair back from my face, annoyed with the smirking asshole. I was supposed to be seducing him into giving me what I wanted. I didn't know why I even bothered trying anymore.

"That depends. You going to help me out first?" He reached down, grabbed himself, and shook it at me.

I rolled my eyes and reached out to grab a bottle of vodka from the little display next to me. I twisted the cap off the off-brand liquor and pressed my lips to the bottle. I tilted my head back, took a long drink, and sighed with relief as the liquid burned down my throat. I felt the immediate high, knowing I was about to be free from the voices in my head that never shut up. The ones that told me what I should or shouldn't be doing. The one's that I rarely listened to anymore.

"Jess, shit. You know if anyone sees you drinking in here, it's my ass." He whispered harshly at me, looking around in a tizzy.

"Yeah, but if you let me, then you know it's mine." I turned and wiggled it at him.

"Fine, I'll lock the door and turn off the sign. We can go in the back. We only have 15 minutes." He said, walking around the counter.

"You really think you can last that long?" I jabbed at him.

"You seriously underestimate my ability." He said, getting huffy with me.

"Then grab a box of condoms on your way back and show me." I took another mouthful of vodka as I began to walk towards the stock room.

I heard the bell chime and started cursing under my breath immediately. I was ready to forget reality as I let the kid behind the counter pound it into me for a few minutes. I should probably ask him to tell me his name again before I let him go to town on me. It was like Finn or Fraiser and he had one of those stupid numbers behind his name.

Oh well, I wasn't planning on screaming his name anyway.

I tipped the bottle back up to my lips and turned around to see what jerk was ruining my soon to be mediocre orgasm.

A smile spread across my face as I saw the tall blond boy. His shoulders were tense as he looked around the store. I knew he was looking for me.

I loved that boy.

"Cam...Cami... Cameron... my hero." I squealed, tossing the bottle into the air. It shattered behind me as I ran up to him and jumped into his arms. I latched onto him like a strip of velcro to a tennis ball.

"Jess, seriously." Cam croaked, trying to pry me off of him.

"So valiant, so scrumptious. I could just eat you alive." I kissed the side of his face repeatedly as he tried to duck away from me.

"You have to pay for that, Jess." Finn Fraiser the Eighth called back angrily from behind the counter. I looked back and noticed him placing the unopened condom box back up on the shelf. Those little buddies shouldn't worry too much. I was going to pocket them before I left. I would give them a proper home. They would become useful members of society tonight. They were about to do their civic duty.

"I got it." Cam said, pulling out his wallet. He walked over to the counter with me still wrapped around him to hand the boy the money. He sat me on the counter to help support my weight when he handed the money over. When both boys were distracted, I leaned back to grab the tiny box of condoms and slid them into the top of my bra.

"Keep the change." Cam told the guy waving the money away. "Hold on tight, Jess."

Cam readjusted my weight and then placed his hands underneath me to carry me out the front door. I waved at the boy pouting behind the counter and he flipped me off. I guess I wasn't his best customer any longer.

When we got to Cam's truck, I finally decided to let go. He slid me down to the ground and looked down at me like a judgmental prick. Becoming a cop had sure changed him into an uptight prude. He and I used to party all the time together with Nathan when we were younger. Cam wasn't wild like Nathan and me, but he used to be able to at least look like he could have a good time.

"Your Mom called me and told me what happened. She said you would probably be here." He sighed. "She is worried about you."

"If she was so fucking worried, then why did she and my asshole Dad kick me out in the first place?" I jabbed at this hard stomach with my index fingers.

"Jessa, I hate it when you swear." He said softly, pushing a lock of hair back off my face. I shivered at the intimate gesture. Cam was the only one who could break into my security box of racing thoughts. "You know why she did it. It's the same reason why I shouldn't be taking you back and letting you stay with me tonight. You are drinking, which means you are using. You are all over the place. When was the last time you saw your doctor? Have you even taken your meds lately?"

"You're letting me stay with you?" A slow smile began to creep across my face and I latched onto him again, squealing with delight. I loved sleepovers with Cam.

"Not permanently." He said, groaning. "Just until you get a few things straightened out."

I loosened my grip on him and began slowly lowering my hands down. His body tensed against me when they came in contact with his perfectly sculpted backside. I had glimpsed heaven and I was a believer. Even the angels sang 'Hallelujah' and bowed down to that delectable dish.

"Hands Jessa." Cam warned.

"Sorry, Cheese puff, they just do what they want. Just go with it." I held them there a few seconds longer and squeezed a couple of times. He chuckled lightly against me.

"Come on, Jess, time to go."