Chapter 19:

When we got inside the warm house, Cam walked me straight back to his bedroom and sat me down on his bed.

           He began digging in his drawers, looking for some clothes to let me borrow for the night.

          "Don't you need to get back to work?" I asked, watching him fumble through the drawers. He pulled out a shirt and a pair of sweatpants and placed them on top of the dresser for me.

          "No, I'll call my boss and make something up. You're not in any condition to be left alone right now. I've got sick time and we were slow tonight anyway."

            He kicked off his shoes and began pulling off his belt and other gear. He grabbed his gun from the holster and went to his closet to lock it in his gun safe. Cameron was really responsible with his gun. He always kept it locked away when it wasn't on his body. He started removing his uniform shirt to reveal a plain white t-shirt underneath. His perfectly defined muscles were visible underneath the bulky uniform. How was this man still single after all these years? Cameron was a catch. I felt a slight twinge of jealousy, thinking how lucky he was going to make some beautiful girl one day. He was marriage material.

           "Like what you see?" He caught me staring at him and chuckled.

           "Yes... my god." I covered my mouth and turned violet with embarrassment.

           "You can just call me Cam." He laughed.

           "Ego much?" I said, rolling my eyes at him.

           "When you are as sexy as I am, it's hard to maintain humility." He smoldered back at me with his too-long eyelashes. I felt moisture growing between my legs. He was not wrong. Every inch of Cam exuded sexiness, from the tips of his golden blonde hair to the way he was kind of goofy in the most adorable way.

           If he kept this up tonight, I would have a hard time keeping my composure around him. I was already feeling the overwhelming sensation building inside me. The compulsion was coming back like a tidal wave. If it got much worse, there would be nothing I could do to stop it.

           "What do you want to do?" Cam asked, pacing around the room a little too much.

            "I'm not sure." I said, fidgeting uncomfortably from the heat building between my legs.

            "Want to take a bath?"

             My eyes lit up at him excitedly and I squealed. Cam had a giant soaking tub in his master bath with jets. It could fit like four people in it and maybe a pool float. It was the most amazing bathtub that ever existed.

           "Guess that's a yes. I'll go get it started for you."

            Cam walked into his bathroom and turned on the water. I smelled the sweet scent of lavender overtake the room and I peeked my head around the corner. The only real problem with Cam's bathroom was there was no door. If you were in the bedroom, you could see everything. I guess whoever previously owned the house decided there was no reason for privacy in a master bedroom. It made sense; the house was meant to be occupied by a couple. The person who built it never realized it would be used by an eligible bachelor and his certifiable girl best friend.

             Cam was placing a bottle of bubble bath back in the closet when I walked in. I laughed when I realized he had bought my favorite kind, which meant he bought it for me. Cam never had a girlfriend and I know he didn't like to take baths. I was the only one who ever used his bathtub. When he got to the house, it was the first thing he showed me. He told me I could use it whenever I wanted to. He said he only decided on this place because it was Jessa friendly.