Chapter 58:

Four hours later and we were still lying in bed. Just laying there talking about nothing and everything at once. He didn't talk about me being sick, he didn't chastise me for disappearing, and he didn't make me feel guilty for not being perfect. He made me smile, he made me laugh, and most importantly, he made me feel like I belonged somewhere. For the first time in years, I didn't want to run; I wanted to stay right in this moment with him.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispered with a smile.

"Putting sunglasses on binoculars." I pulled the corners of my mouth up into a smile. I wasn't ready to admit to him all the emotions flooding me. I didn't think I had the words to verbalize what I was feeling either. My mind was still racing pretty terribly and I was lucky I could form a coherent sentence.

"That sounds confusing." He placed his hand on my stomach and kissed my shoulder.

"That's what it's like living in my head sometimes. Things don't always connect the way they should." I closed my eyes, drinking his touch in.

Cam layed there quietly reflecting over what I just said, it was either that, or he was imagining what the binoculars would look like. In any case, he had a strained look on his face. I wanted to kiss that sour expression away. I didn't mean to make him worry more about me.

"Do you think you might want to go do something with me tomorrow?" Cam asked, snapping out of his daze. He began running his hand over my stomach. Goosebumps spread over the bare skin as he dragged his fingers up and down. He would move slightly lower with each pass.

"I don't know. Our first date didn't turn out so well." I crinkled my nose, watching him move his fingertips, circling my belly button.

"Let me make it up to you." He shifted down in the bed and leaned over top of me. He kissed the spot he was just tracing, sending shivers up and down my spine.

"I guess we can go. What do you want to do?" I asked.

"Let me surprise you." He looked away from me and I saw a slight hesitation before he kissed my stomach again. I was laughing on the inside at how unsure he sounded. After the things we just did, he had no reason to be nervous about going out with me. Cam was everything I ever wanted and more. Even then, I had to admit I was still a ball of nerves with him after the things I went through over the past couple of years.

"Sure." I said, trying to fight the urge to put my guard back up. I had to remember he was Cam and not Nathan. Nathan's surprises usually ended up with me naked, gagged, and crawling on all fours down a busy street in the middle of rush hour. Cam would never do that to me.

"You know I would never hurt you, right?" He smoldered up at me from between my thighs.

"I trust you." I reached my hand down and ran it along his soft blond hair.

I was caught off guard when Cameron's tongue pressed into me and began circling over me, tracing patterns over my clit.

"Oh my god." I reached down and smacked the back of his head.

Cameron looked up at me, confused.

"What was that for?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Is that what that feels like? Oh my god." I turned bright red.

"Jess, do you not like it?" He asked curiously.

"No, I liked it. I just have never had anyone do that to me before." It sounded pathetic. I wasn't ever with a guy who was interested in taking care of me like that. It was always more one-sided.

"You can't be serious." He looked stunned.

"I am." I bit my lip.

"Well, darling. I licked it, so you know what that means." He smiled playfully.

"Well, since you own it now, then you should lick it again so it remembers who is in charge." This side of Cameron was such a turn on. I wanted him to keep going.

He placed his head back between my legs and I wrapped my hands in the sheets. He flicked his tongue side to side and pulled my clit in between his teeth. He sucked on it while moving his tongue back and forth. He had my body shaking within the first minute. He would laugh a little when he would hit the perfect spot and my body would jerk up off the bed to push into him. When he figured out what I responded to the most, he began assaulting that spot with his tongue.

I pulled his hair and screamed his name when I couldn't handle it any longer.

"That's my girl." He whispered, looking up at me with his swollen, wet lips. "Think you can give me another one?"

He lowered his head, going back for more.

I closed my eyes and let Cameron's mouth bring me to life once again.

I fell asleep after round three, wrapped up in his strong arms.

Cameron woke me up a few hours later with a big cup of coffee and a plate full of crispy bacon and cheesy scrambled eggs.

"Morning, darling." He said, handing me the tray.

"Breakfast in bed?" I asked, surprised.

Could Cameron be any more perfect?

"Thought you might need a pick me up after last night." He said, yawning.

I dove straight into the plate and grabbed a piece of bacon to shove it in my mouth in a very unladylike manner. I sang and danced as I devoured every single bite of food and then washed it down with the steaming cup of coffee.

It took me a few minutes to realize Cameron was fumbling around in his drawers, looking like he was lost in his own room. He stood up and pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath in.

"What's wrong, Cami?" I asked, concerned.

"Nothing, everything is perfect. I'm just worn out this morning. Last night was amazing." He tried to smile at me.

"Oh..." I started to ask him if he wanted to just stay in today and spend the day in bed with me when his phone rang, interrupting me. He rushed over to the nightstand next to me to grab it before I could get to it to hand to him.

"Hello?" He said in a clipped tone to the person at the other end of the line.

There was a long pause as he sat listening to the voice on the other side. He looked over at me and pulled the phone away from his ear when he saw I was trying to eavesdrop in.

"Hey, darling. It's my work. I have to take this. It will just be a few minutes. Start getting dressed so we can leave soon." He placed the phone back to his ear and began to walk out of the door.

"I love you, Cami. I'm so excited for our date." I called to him as he disappeared around the corner.