Chapter 29:

When I woke up, Cam was sprawled across the foot of the bed in just his birthday suit and his socks. His perfect ass was hanging out for the whole world to behold. He was snoring away soundly as his feet were hanging off the side of the bed. How did he even get in here? How did I not even hear him come in?

I knew I locked the door last night before I went to sleep. I laughed at his drunken determination to get in the room. It was cute to think that drunk Cam managed to find his way to me.

I wondered if there was a possibility that sober Cam might feel the same way. I couldn't get my hopes up; my heart couldn't handle any type of rejection right now.

I decided to be a decent human being instead of the naughty girl I was fighting against inside. I even found the fact that he kept his socks on sexy. What was wrong with me?

I got up and covered Cam with a blanket. I did manage to sneak a little peek at him when he shifted before I fully covered him. I was curious and it was just right there asking for me to look at it.

"Hello, Cameron." I whispered to myself, turning my head to get a better angle. I wasn't the least bit disappointed. It was actually really difficult to miss and way better than I had imagined. Yet again, I was left wondering how this guy was still single. I had to leave the room before I changed my mind about being a decent friend and jumped back in bed with him.

I kissed his forehead before seeing myself out the front door.

The walk home was going to be rough. It was cold and I didn't have heavy enough clothes on to handle it. I was shivering to the bone only seconds after stepping out of the house. I almost kidnapped Cam's truck before I left. Since I knew he had to work in the evening, I decided it wasn't a good idea and left it alone.

Cam lived approximately five miles from my house. Five miles alone with my worst enemy screaming in my head while my body was fighting the frigid air. I needed to get home fast to get regulated again. Last night was a little too much excitement for me and I needed to step away from it for a few days. I was going to go straight to my room, take my meds, and drown myself in a hot shower. I was keyed up and feeling like I was about to split open.

Life, unfortunately, had other plans for me when I got home.

"Son of a bitch." I groaned as I walked up the sidewalk towards my house.

"Jess, sweetheart." I heard Nathan's voice call over to me as I cut through the grass in my front yard. Of all days for him to stop by, why did it have to be today? I swear he had a built-in Jess-o-meter that went off every time I was doing too well. He always knew when it was the perfect time to come unravel me again. He was like a hawk circling above me, waiting for the right moment to swoop down to devour me.

"Go away, Nate." I hissed as I walked up the porch stairs.

"Have you been hiding from me?" He strutted up behind me slowly.

"What do you think?" I turned around, glaring at him.

"I think you are going to take me upstairs to your room and fuck my brains out." He smiled down at me wickedly. His pointy canines made him look like he was on the hunt.

"That is not going to happen. What you did was out of line, Nate. Cam didn't deserve that."

"You like him, don't you? Aww, you really are crazy enough to think a guy like him would want to be with a girl like you. That's so sweet. Stupid, but sweet." Nate laughed and stepped closer. I stepped back from him and ended up against the cold brick wall.

"He's nice to me." I told Nate.

"My Jessa doesn't like it nice. My girl likes everyone to watch how dirty she is." Nate said, flipping a lock of my wild hair.

"I'm not your girl." I said as I tried to step away from him.

"You are mine. You'll be back the second you realize Mr. Squeaky Clean isn't enough of a man to give you what you need. I might even take you back if you beg hard enough for it. Of course, there will be consequences for you when you come back this time. You can't just leave and come back whenever you want. You'll have to show me how much you want it." He pulled the corner of his mouth up into a diabolical smirk.

"I won't be back." I said as he leaned into my mouth.

"Yes, you will." Nathan pushed his dick against my stomach. "You won't be able to stay away from this. You need me. You always come back for more."

Nathan put his hand against my throat and wrapped his thick fingers around it, squeezing. He began to move against me. My body was repulsed and turned on at the same time. The crooked voice inside me was fighting to turn the part that wanted to be better off. That voice was trying to dominate me just like I was going to let Nate if I didn't stop him.

"Nate." I mouthed softly into him.

"You like that, sweetheart." He said, brushing his lips over mine.

"Get off me." I looked him square in the eye.

His eyes went wide as he glared down at me in shock. Fury flashed across his face as his slow brain registered what I just said. His fingers began twitching on my throat like he was preparing to choke the life out of me.

"Jessa, you leave, no tour. You know the rules." He said, trying to pull me back in by threatening my career ambitions. He was really good at using my dreams against me. It was always how he managed to get me to do things I didn't want to do. He would always keep pressuring me until I caved in. I wasn't going to give in this time. I had to find my voice.

"Well, I guess it's time for you to find another act." I pushed him away.

Nate's large hand wrapped around my wrist as I fought against him, trying to break free. He grabbed the other wrist with his other hand and began squeezing them. It felt like the bones were shifting underneath the pressure. He was going to break my wrists.

"What did you just say to me?" He growled, backing me up against the door.

"I said I am out." I looked up at him rebelliously. My heart was racing as my adrenaline coursed through my veins. He was terrifying, but it didn't change how I felt about what I was doing. It was time for both of us to move on.

He moved both of my hands to one of his and reached for the doorknob. He tried to turn it and swore. I laughed hysterically when he realized it was still locked. He was a complete dumbass.

"You think that's funny?" Nate's eyes were black with his raging fury.

"It is. It's fucking hilarious." I goaded him.

"I hope you remember how funny it is when you can't walk when I'm done with you. Open the door, you disrespectful little cu..."

"Jessa, dear? Is everything all right?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the old woman who lived next door standing on her porch with a glass of water in her hand. She was looking over at Nathan manhandling me with a frown plastered on her face.

"I'm fine, Mrs. Deters." I called back to her in a shrill voice.

"Are you locked out again? Do you want to use my phone to call your Mom?" She took a little sip from her glass.

"Nosey bitch." Nate whispered as he released his grasp on my wrists.

"I'm good. I have my key. Nathan was just saying goodbye." I chirped as sweetly as I could through my panic.

"Oh, good. Well, tell your Mom and Dad that I said hello." She stood there on the porch with her eyes locked on us. I had lived next to her my whole life. She had always been like this. She wasn't going to stop staring until I was in the house; even then, she would probably swing by to peep in the windows.

"This isn't over." Nathan said under his breath.

"Keep telling yourself that." I said, turning my back to him to stick my key in the lock.

"You're going to pay for pissing me off." Nate leaned into my ear, threatening me.

I turned my key and stormed inside the house before he could follow me. I slammed the door shut and locked the deadbolt tightly behind me. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I couldn't believe I just stood up for myself to Nathan. I would never have done that before.

Could I really be getting better?