Chapter 20:

"Jess, wake up, Darling." Cam whispered in my ear.

           I sleepily looked up to stare directly into Cam's intense gray eyes. There was not another set of eyes in the world that held the same color. It took me a few seconds to catch my breath and realize where I was. I was still in the bathtub, it was a little cooler and most of the bubbles had disappeared around me.

          "You fell asleep. I didn't want you to drown in my bathtub accidentally. Too much paperwork." He joked. He was on his knees next to the tub. I saw his eyes follow the line of my body under the water.

           "My bubbles are almost gone." I pouted. I had always liked bubble baths.

           "Yeah, I kind of noticed." Cam said, clearing his throat. "You should probably get out. The bed is ready for you."

           "No, I want to stay here forever." I whined.

           Cam shook his head and reached in the water between my legs. He was leaning over me with his mouth close to mine. My heart began pounding out of my chest as he inched towards me. I froze until I heard him pop the drain and the water slowly started to lower.

            "Out, Jessa, before you look like one of the California Raisins." He smiled as he whispered into me.

             He pulled his hand out of the water and stood back up to grab a towel. He held it up for me and closed his eyes. I laughed at how gentlemanly he was trying to be. I didn't care if he looked at me again. I had given people who didn't deserve it a lot more than just a little peek.

            I stepped out of the tub and into the towel and he wrapped it around my body. Goosebumps spread across my body when his fingertips brushed the bare skin on my back.

            I grabbed the towel and tucked it in to hold it over my body.  Cameron opened his eyes to look back down at me. He grabbed my free hand and held it in his, running his fingers over my scorched skin.

            I pulled my hand away and left the close confines of the bathroom. An anxious feeling began to take control of me. I was nervous being that close to Cam right now for some reason. It was the first time I had ever been shy about being that close to anyone before. It was strange. Cam made me feel so safe usually. What was going on inside my head to make this feel so different this time?

           "Where are you going?" Cam asked, walking into the bedroom behind me. "You aren't trying to leave me again, are you?"

            "No, I was just going to the guest room to lay down. I'm tired." I said, faking a yawn.

             "Oh, I...umm... thought you could just stay in here with me tonight." His cheeks were flaming as he stared down at his feet. "You know, so I can just keep an eye on you."

             The familiar stirrings hit the bottom of my stomach and I almost dropped my towel right there. Being with Nathan earlier hadn't satisfied my inner she-wolf. It wasn't until I was standing here in a towel in front of Cameron that I realized how bad she needed this. I wanted Cameron to be the one to tame me tonight.

             "I just...um..." I whispered. I was running through all the positions I wanted to try with him tonight in my head. I wondered how flexible he was.

             "Jess, just get in my bed."

              "Yes, sir." I said, grinning at him. He didn't have to tell me twice.

               I climbed in, giving him exactly what he wanted. I pulled the blanket over me and removed the towel. I dangled it over the side of the bed and let it drop to the floor. I was naked in my best friend's bed. I couldn't breathe in a very good way.