Chapter 30:

When I got inside, I threw my keys on the table before heading upstairs to my room to take the shower I desperately needed. The only sound in the house were screams and shots from the video game Jax must be upstairs playing.

I shook my head as I passed his door and heard the long string of obscenities gushing out of his mouth. He was starting to get as bad as Dad and me. My Mom hated how foul our language was and had threatened to start using a swear jar. My Mom would be a rich woman by now if she had actually gone through with it.

I walked into my bathroom in my room and started prepping for a long, hot shower. My skin was crawling after Nate had his hands on me. I wanted to wash away the filth he brought into my life. I was about to start undressing when I heard my phone going off on my bed.

When I glanced down at the screen, a huge smile spread across my face. I pressed the phone to my ear excitedly.

"You miss me already?" I answered in a low come hither voice.

"I was expecting you to still be here when I woke up. You could have at least woken me to give you a ride home. You didn't even tell me you were leaving. I was worried when I couldn't find you." The words came tumbling out of Cam's mouth.

"I wish I would have stayed. Nate was here when I got home." I sighed as I sat down on my bed.

"Are you ok? What happened?" Cam was on high alert at the mention of Nate's name.

"He told me if I didn't come back, no tour." I said, trying to stay strong.

"What did you tell him?"

"I'm out." I yawned, laying back against my pillow.

"I'm really proud of you, Jess. I know how much your music means to you. That's a huge step. Listen, I have got to start getting ready for work now, but I wanted to talk to you about something before I hang up." He trailed off at the end.

"Don't worry, Cam, I didn't have sex with you last night even though you were trying to dry hump me. I preserved your virginity for a while longer." I snickered.

"First of all, not a virgin. Second, that's not why I called. Third, please say you're joking." He sounded embarrassed.

"Nope. I have a permanent imprint of your dick on my ass cheek." This was too much fun.

"I'm hanging up now. I shouldn't have called. This was a bad idea." He grumbled.

"Don't hang up. What did you really call for?" I asked, slightly nervous.

"It's not important."

"Cameron, just tell me."

"I just...I was thinking..." Cam was struggling for words, which made me laugh harder. Drunk Cameron had left the building; my Cameron was back in his true form.

"Spit it out, Nash."

"GOOUTWITHME." One long garbled word flew out of his mouth.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"I was wondering... um... well, I thought we could go out sometime." He choked out timidly.

"We go out together all the time." I said, pulling my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Yeah, but I didn't mean like hang out, hang out. I meant like... shit. Nevermind." He said as he lost the little bit of confidence he had left.

There was no way he was suggesting what my brain was thinking he was suggesting.

"Cam, you have to be more specific. I am lost." I said, pushing him for clarity. My heart was racing so fast that I could feel it pulsating in my toenails.

"Well, I don't want to be friends...shit... that came out wrong." He growled and began swearing under his breath, which was always a bad sign. He was flustered.

"Are you trying to ask me out on a date?" I bit my lip and a small smile crept over my face.

"Um, yeah. If that's ok, if you don't want to, that's fine. No pressure, I just...after last night... and you...this is not at all how I practiced it." Cam was adorable. I could practically see him blushing over the phone. I was going to torture him for three more seconds. I already knew what my answer would be. This would be fun because he didn't have the slightest clue.

"Like Salsa dancing in high heels, five-star restaurant kind of date?" I laughed. I knew how ridiculous I sounded.

"If that's what you want to do, I guess." He sounded so nervous. I should cut him some slack. I knew it took a lot for him to ask me.

"Cameron, I would love to go on a date with you but like watch a movie and eat a burger kind of date." I snickered. I felt like a teenager getting asked out for the first time.

"You don't think I would look good in a cocktail dress and heels?" He asked.

"You would be stunning."

"Tomorrow Night then?" He grew bolder. I could hear him smiling into the phone.

"Tomorrow night."

I squealed when I hung up the phone. I got up and danced around the room, singing the 'I Have a Date' song I just made up. This was not the kind of date where the guy called me up and I was having sex with him fifteen minutes later on a broken futon. This was a real date with an awesome guy. I was on cloud nine. I was going on a date with my best friend.

"What are you screaming about?" Jax walked into my room, annoyed.

"Your big sister has a date tomorrow night." I beamed back at him.

"Who the hell would want to date you?"

"Cameron." I smiled and ran over to the door to grab Jax to get him to come join in on my good mood. I was poking and pulling at him, trying everything I could to get him to loosen up. The little jerk wasn't going to get to block the sunshine from me.

"Stop, you are so weird. Aren't you guys like already going out anyway?" Jax said, slapping my hands away.

"No, we weren't, but we are now." I said, pushing my hair off my face.

"You do know that you're the only two people in the world who didn't know you guys were dating each other, right?" Jax rolled his eyes at me.

"We are best friends." I defended myself for no reason other than I wanted to.

"Sure, whatever you say. Just keep it down in here. I can't hear the guys on my game and we are in a boss battle." Jax left the room in his typical Jax fashion. Last word, no goodbye. This kid needed a personality transplant.

"Going on a date, out with my Cam. La di da di doo. Going on a date, need to find some shoes. Doot Doot da doo." I paced around my room, singing to myself softly for the next ten minutes. It was only when I was looking in my closet for clothes that reality decided to smack me in the face again. My anxiety crept back in and boiled over.

Oh shit.

What do I wear? What do I do? What if he wants me to go home with him? I knew what would happen on the last one if he asked. I scratched that one off my list of worries. I was good at that part; it was the other stuff I sucked at. I had no friends I could ask for advice. The only real friend I had was the one I was going on the date with. I couldn't ask him how to go on a date.

I needed back up. I needed a plan.

Why did I not have any friends who were girls? Well, I know why, but still, I had to find someone to help walk me through this.

I picked up my phone and pressed it to my ear. I called the only person I knew who could help me.

"Hello?" A surprised voice said over the speaker.

"Mom, I really need you!"