Chapter 18:

"Open the door." Cam's voice commanded from the other side.

Nathan walked over lazily from the counter and strolled over to the door without even bothering to put on his pants. He turned, smirking at me as he unlocked the door.

"This should be fun." Nate grinned.

He swung the door open wide as he displayed his manhood for the whole world to see. He was practically wiggling it around just because he could.

"Officer Cameron Nash, to what do I owe the distinguished pleasure?" Nathan sneered at him.

Cameron's presence was overwhelming in the doorway. I had to do a double-take to be sure it was really him. His stance was screaming alpha male. He was decked out head to toe in his uniform. He must have been on patrol when Nathan made me call to humiliate myself in front of him.

Before I could even blink, Cameron took his forearm and pressed it into Nathan's throat. He slammed him back into the wall knocking some of the framed pictures off. He slammed him again and Nate's head snapped back hard. The sound cracked through the room. I was surprised to see Nate still standing after the blow.

"What the fuck?" Nathan complained.

"Where is she?" Cameron demanded, growling at Nathan.

"Chill out, Nash. She's right there." He pointed towards me.

His head snapped in my direction and he glanced up and down my body taking in my pathetic disheveled appearance. I was still just in my panties, bra, and mesh shirt. You would have thought I was standing there naked by the way the shame overtook me.

"What did you do to her?" Cam howled at him.

"Nothing she didn't want me to do." Nate leered up at Cam.

When did Cameron get so tall?

Cameron slammed Nate against the wall one more time for good measure before he tore off across the room. He wrapped his arms around my body, engulfing me in his scent. He smelled like fresh soap with a faint hint of his woodsy aftershave. My face was buried deep into his chest as I drank him in.

"Come on, Jess. Let's go." He whispered into my hair. I looked up at him and nodded. He wrapped his arm around me and began leading me to the door. Nathan's villainous laugh was cackling at us from behind.

"Go ahead and take her. I'm done with the skank. I was bored with her, anyway." Cameron was gone from my side in less than a second. He had Nathan on the floor with his arm pinned behind his back before he even knew what hit him.

"Don't you ever come near her again! You do and they will never find your body after I'm done with you! You understand me, Webster?" Cameron pulled Nathan's arm back harder. I was afraid he was going to pull it out of the socket or snap it in half.

"Got it." Nathan croaked.

Cameron got up and walked over to me, pausing only long enough to grab a blanket draped over the back of the couch. He unfolded it and wrapped it around my body to cover my exposed skin. He wrapped his arm around me again and walked me out the door.

I could hear Nathan laughing wickedly behind us.

When we got outside, I was mortified when I saw the police cruiser parked in front of the door with its lights flashing. Cameron turned on his sirens to get here faster.

When we got to the cruiser, he reached for the door handle of the back seat and pulled it open for me. My instinct to run became overwhelming. I couldn't believe he was going to do this to me.