Chapter 73

Isabelle Pov

As soon as my shift is over, I say a quick goodbye to Kenneth and quickly make my way back up the Premier's home. I don't want to be late to Kenneth's lunch, and holding up his parents with my absence is probably not a good way to kick off a relationship with his family. But, I admit that I am also craving to see my baby boy, who had been in a bad mood this morning. I just hope he is doing better by now. Hopefully Claire got him to take a nap so that he is in the mood to accompany me to Ken's house for lunch.

I reach the Premier's home in no time, passing by the guards who nod politely to me as I go. I move through the hallways with ease, smiling at the workers as the me down the hallways. Darcy will most likely be in the small daycare center and not back in my rooms. I run what I am going to say to Carmadon over in my head as I make my way, wincing at all the ways that I have to turn down our regular lunch dates. No doubt, his husband will be able to accompany him instead since he has returned. The idea soothes me a little.

The thought of the Premier's return somehow leads me to think about all the ones I left behind. I don't know when I'll ever see my family again, soon I hope. When things have calmed down between Norta and Piedmont. I near the daycare, and I can't help but think about all that I have to tell them. I have a son. I have a job. I'm getting my own house soon. So much to tell. I don't know when I will ever be able to talk to them, but I do know that I have to be patient.

As I enter the daycare, a few young children mingle, playing with toys and reading colorful books. Not as many as I would have thought considering all the staff that the Premier employs. I immediately find Darcy. He's seated in Claire's lap, captivated by his toy rattle she shakes in front of him. Claire glances up at me as I near, smiling. I smile back as I hear my son's happy giggles as his pudgy arms reaches for the toy, his tiny fingers extending. She hands him the rattle, which he shakes a few times before putting it in his mouth.

I take a seat next to her as Darcy notices my presence. He forgets his rattle, letting it fall to the side as he reaches for me. My heart soars. "Hi sweetie," I pull him to me planting plenty of kisses to his plump cheek. He smiles and giggles more, his hands fisting in my hair. "Hi, my love. I missed you." I pull him close into a hug, kissing his head. "Mommy here."

Claire smiles at the display, "I got him to calm down a few after you left. Enough to eat anyway. Then Mr. Fussy went right into another tantrum. But, all is good now. Everyone has their bad days. We've just been playing. I changed his diaper already about 10 minutes ago, and he should be ready to be fed again soon."

I thank the stars for Claire. She has been so amazing. She gives me a brief summary every time I get back from work. Always smiling. "Thank you," I tell her as I rub Darcy's back. "I don't know what I would do without you."

Claire blushes, "I really no trouble, Miss. Belle. I adore little Dasarious. So, are you really moving out soon?"

I nod, "Soon, yes. A specific date is not yet set."

"So I guess that ends my time with Darcy," she says sadly.

"Not if you don't want it. You are welcome to come visit him whenever you get the chance."

Claire eyes sparkle, "I would like that."

I leave the daycare with Darcy soon after not wanting to be too late to Kenneth's lunch. I check my watch. 1:27. Late again. I sigh, as I make my way to Carmadon's prized gardens. He'll undoubtedly be there.

I push open the unlocked gate and stroll through the garden, adjusting Darcy's baby bag over my shoulder. as I do so. "Carm?" I call.

"Here," I heard him reply as I rounded the rose bushes. There I spotted him, collecting herbs. He looked up and smiled at me. "I've been waiting."