Chapter 78

Belle Pov

The next full days are filled with peace. I keep away from the Premier's palace for the following three days. Four if I count today. At least that is the plan. Its Sunday, and Mora, Ken, and I all come the unspoken agreement to sleep in. Usually up before 8am when I opened my eyes that morning the clock read 10am. I want to go back to sleep, but Dasarious has other plans. He cries for me in the cheap bassinet that I bought for him that I keep here, probably hungry and in need of a diaper change.

Pulling my hair back into a messy bun, I carefully pick him up, hushing him not wanting to wake up Ken or Mora. "Good morning, my love." I whisper to him. "How did you sleep, mmm?" I kiss his cheeks as I position him on the bed, grabbing the towel that I use under him as I change his diaper. "Did you make a stinky?" In the late morning light I take my time changing and nursing my son. He settles into his breakfast as I try to think about what I am going to do for today. Breakfast would be good. A hot cup of tea sounds amazing. I glance at Dasarious as he eats, and see that he is already gazing at me, his dark eyes wide and curious. A pang of affection and pain course through me.

Despite the lack of actually seeing Ptolemus for the past few days, he is always in the back of my mind. I can't help but see him every time that I look at my son. I know that by not returning to the Premier's home that I am only delaying the inevitable. I can't keep father and son apart forever, the guilt is starting to fester. And besides, I'm running out of clean clothes for Darcy and I.

I dress Darcy and myself,  but only leave my room when I hear Mora in the kitchen, beginning to make breakfast. Or brunch. When I wake into the kitchen with Dasarious in my arms I find Mora at the counter, cracking eggs. She looks up and smiles as we enter. "Morning!" She says too happy to have just woken up.

"Morning." I rely as I take a seat.

"How do omelettes sound?" She asks me. "With cheese and spinach. Ken likes mushroom on his." Mora pretends to vomit but grins afterwards. I chuckle. "Do you want mushroom?"

"No thanks."

"How about little man there?" She asks playfully gesturing to Darcy with a spatula.

I giggle. "He's had his breakfast but thank you."

Mora smiles and gets back to her pots and pans. "So," she starts. "Its been a few days. Three to be precise since," she looks up at me rising her eyebrows. "Well, you know, your magical encounter with Dasarious' father."

"Yes, I know."

She glances up at me as she begins to beat the eggs. "Do you have a plan yet?"

I nod. "I'm going to go back today and talk to him. It is time. We have a lot to talk about. A lot we need to figure out. I'm just not sure if I should bring Dasarious along with me."

"I thought you wanted to tell him?"

"I do. I just was thinking I could talk to him and it would be easier if I introduced him to Dasarious afterwards. In a quiet and a controlled manner."

Mora nods slowly. "I could watch him at the shop. Maybe you guys go to dinner in a public place so nobody can make a scene. Plus, I still have yet to be told Dasarious' father's name."

My eyes grow wide at the realization. "I haven't told you that have I?"

"Nope."

I bit my lip, hesitant. Ptolemus and Evangeline aren't really popular figures among the Monfort people right now and I'm not sure how Mora would feel about it. "I don't think you'll like him."

Mora chuckles as she pulls out a pan from the cabinets and lights the stove. "From what you have told me Isabelle..." she sighs. "You know I don't really have any compassion for cheaters. But I mean, he is, whomever he is, is Dascarious' father and if you think that you guys can work it out than maybe you should try."