Chapter 46

Isabelle POV

I stripped out of my dress the very moment that I got back into my chambers, leaving my clothes in my wake as I made my way to my bed. Roe and Kess, picking up the clothes after me without hesitation.

There I stayed the rest of night, and some of the next day's morning. I didn't care if Her Majesry or Ptolemus would be angered. I was just so emotionally drained.

It had been hard to see him get married. But only due to the fact that he had brought up the idea of us married. Together.

I now realize how cruel that was of him. How selfish. How dare he ask me, plant such ideas in my head only to rip them away. To taunt me with such bliss.

I find myself one afternoon on my way to the Training room built into Ridge house, finishing off a green apple as I go. This way perhaps I could vent off some of the energy, the pent up emotion. I haven't run in a long time, and I'm sure my body will hold it against me as I go. But I yearn for the feel of something other than loneliness, and emptiness.

I quickly change into the workout suit my family packed for me, braiding my hair into two braids down my head. I move quickly as possible, knowing I'll have time to be alone. The rest of the houses should be in the designated throne room.

My calves burn as I stretch them out, going through the motions with comforting familiarity. I close my eyes, and I can almost see my brothers. All of us sitting in a circle, laughing and lazily going through the same motions.

Kane trying to get Titus and Quinnton to focus as they would eventually end up wrestling. Chris, being no help, rooting one of them on. And me, doubled over in my laughter and easing steadily out of their way.

Heat rushes behind me eyes, as I think of my family and a sob escapes me. With a burst of emotionally triggered energy I jump up, and sprint. The room blurs before me, as glass and white walls blend. Grey and black equipment dissapear and my feet hardly touch the ground. My stirred winds whip my hair back, and I become breathless. I try to push away those memories, that treasure. I try to push them far away.

They did what they thought was best, I force myself to think. My father's voice, deep and soothing rings in my head, Everything we do, is because we love you.

I love you too. I should have said it back. I should have fought harder to stay with them. I should have hugged my father close, kissed my mother's cheek and told her just how much I truly appreciate her, and spent more time with my brothers. Found the value in every moment.

I eventually collapse some many laps later, doubled over in agony. I heave up whatever food I have left in my system, tears of both physical and emotional pain rolling heavy down my face.

I stay that way for what seems like forever, before I feel a cool hand on my arm. I jerk away, stunned. I look up and see the healer girl, Wren, I believe standing beside me. Her face is placid, grey eyes calculated as she gazes at me. I stand a few inches taller than her, curvier. Her thick black braid sways as she shifts.

"You feeling alright Ms. Belle?" She asks her voice low and simple. She glances at the mess I've made in the training floor and purses her lips.

I blush, "I'm fine."

She pulls a handkerchief from her sleeve and hands it to me with a tilt of her head. I wipe my lips. "Do you wish for me to ease the nausa?"

I want nothing more than to return to my isolation and curl up in the safety of my covers. But I give a small nod, and she places her hand in my exposed wrist once more. A pleasureful, tingling runs through me. I shiver from the sensation, as my stomach settles and my temper calms. She pulls her hand away moments later.