Chapter 76

Isabelle Pov

The day goes by in a haze. I move through the motions and my duties. For today, I'm stuck on auto pilot. My mind is stuck back in last night and even this morning. I still almost can't believe that what happened, happened.  I probably could have convinced myself that it didn't if I still didn't feel the ghost of his touch on my hands, and face. My arms and my thighs. I bit my lip. It has been so long since I felt the warmth of his kisses, and my heart squeezes when I think about how much I actually enjoyed it. 

"Belle," Kenneth says beside me causing me to jump slightly. I feel his hand resting slightly on my back, his calm even tone bringing me back to reality. Another consequence of my night with Ptolemus. I haven't even been able to look Kenneth in the eye. "Are you alright? You've been staring at this thing for a while."

"Oh," I glance at the ticket in my hand filled with the order from a table I don't even remember taking. I glance up at him, seeing the concern in his deep brown eyes. Losing my nerve, I turn back to the screen and began putting the order in. "Sorry."

"Are you okay?" I feel him stroke the ends of my ponytail.

I nod, still unable to meet his eye. "I'm okay, just a little distracted."

"Rough night?" He asks.

I blush, "Um, not exactly. I just...I didn't get a lot of sleep, that's all." 

Ken smirks, "You know, Mora took Darcy for the night so that you could get some sleep."

"I guessed I missed him that's all."

Kenneth nods sympathetically, "Well, if you need a break-,"

I shake my head, "No, I am going on break soon and I'm picking him up after I finish here. I'm okay, really."

I can tell doesn't really buy my excuse but he clicks his tongue and sighs. "If you're sure."

"I am," I force myself to look at him and muster a smile. "Really."

He pressed his lips in a tight line, "Alright, we can talk some more after closing."

I nod in acceptance and Ken walks away. With a heavy sigh, I turn back to the monitor and finish putting in my order.

When I leave for my lunch break with a chicken salad in hand, all I can think about is seeing my son. I've never been away from Dasarious this long before and I can't wait to hold him in my arms again. I want to kiss his chubby cheeks and tickle his little feet. He's grown so much. I feel my spirits lift when I think about it.

I pull open the door to Mora's shop and I listen to the familiar ring of the bell as I enter. A cool burst of air greets me as well as the red headed girl who works for Mora. She smiles brightly at me, "Hello."

"Hi," I answer with a smile. "Is Mora here?"

She nods and point to the back, "Yes, she just went to go feed the baby." Red floods her cheeks. "He is so cute!"

"Thank you. Thanks so much." I walk behind the counter ready to go meet Mora in the back when I pause. "I'm sorry, you've told me before but I can't seem to remember your name."

"Oh, its okay. Its Gisa."

I snap my fingers, "Gisa. Sorry. I've got it this time. I'm Isabelle by the way."

"Yes," she chuckles. "I remember. You can go on back."

"Thanks."

Its easy to find Mora. She sits in the workroom, cooing at Darcy as he drinks from his bottle. She looks up as I enter and smiles. "Hey, you off already?"