Chapter 8

Belle Pov

   "There's  not much I can tell you, Belle. I'm sorry." 

   I grab his thick arm pulling him back to stop him from walking away, "Anything. You're not trying, Kane please. Just think back." he stops short of his bedroom door, rolling his eyes at me. 

   "Can't this wait until tomorrow?"

   "Kane," I pout. 

   He sighs running his hand over his eyes, "Fine." he places his hand on his hip. "I can't recall much about him. We didn't mingle at all. All I can recall is that he had a bad temper. It helped him during battles though. He was really good in the ring, never backed down from a challenge. He talked about his sister a lot too. Not overly, but," Kane looks past me, "I remember once he told someone that she was going to win the crown." he shrugs, "He was right."

   I wait for more information and am disappointed when Kane doesn't give me more. "That's all?"

   "I told you Isabelle, me and him didn't run in the same circles." 

   I sigh, "Yea, I know. Thanks anyway." We bid goodnight and I turn around and head back to my own room. I groan to myself, as I pull my door open.

   An unkempt bed greets me. I have this weird logic that its more comfortable for me to get into a messed up bed than one that's made every morning. I change into my night clothes and brush out my hair, running my fingers through my thick curls as I think about my date with Ptolemus.

   I really don't know what to expect. I know next to nothing about him yet I still agreed to go out with him without a second thought. I shake my head at myself, as I tie my hair into a single thick braid. I turn off my light before crawling into bed. 

   Breakfast is reserved for the princesses and the queen. Not that I'm complaining, hell, I get to stay in bed for an extra hour. That is until Christian barges into my room, literally dragging me from the warmth of my sheets. "Up and at um little sister, you've got a big day ahead of you," he sings leaving my room before I can get my hands on him.  I drag myself from bed and stretch out my stiff muscles. I check the clock on the wall, (time). Training starts in a few hours. I practically crawl to my bathroom and wince at the harsh light. I reach over, turning on my shower.

   I pull on the sleeve of my workout jumpsuit. I roll my ankles of my special made running shoes, as I watch the others around me,from my seat on the floor. I pretend to listen to Sonya beside me, not that what she is saying isn't worth listening to but I can't focus on anything at the moment. I tried, but I really can't. She is the closest thing I have to a friend outside of my brothers and I would prefer not to loose her so quick. 

   "What about you?" she asks as we switch arms stretching them over our heads. 

   "What about me?" I ask back looking over at her. 

   She smirks at me, "What are your plans for tonight?"

   Oh. Should I tell her that I'm going on a date tonight? I only really told Father so he knows I'll be gone a few hours. "I have a date tonight, actually." I say as I move to touch my toes. 

   Sonya makes a face, "Oh really?" 

   I laugh, "It's true! He asked me after Queenstrial."

   Sonya leans back on her arms, "Who's your date?"

   I pause, and glance over at Evangeline who has small shards of metal flying around her. Her brother. "I can't tell you," 

   Sonya's jaw drops, "What? How am I supposed to believe you that you really do have a date?"

   "Take my word for it," I answer and we both share a forced laugh. We can't trust anyone with our words in this world. 

   Arven walks into the room and me and Sonya stands together. Beside him as always is prince Tiberius and a step behind my cousin Theo. I feel a heavy blanket fall over me. I makes my skin oddly itch.