Chapter 18 : Threatening The Life Of A Loved One

I was immensely overjoyed when I had realized that my two weeks rest period had finally passed by. I was well rested enough to resume my work at the inn again. It wasn't that I was rejoicing to complete the tasks of daunting hard work.

Trust me it was the unexplainable level of boredom I had felt. When I was been forced to take a temporary leave of absence. The daily workload was already incorporated as a part of my daily schedule. So having to break from that chain of events by just resting at home and doing absolutely nothing, it surely took a toll on me.

I had bolted out of my bed extra early this morning with a little extra boost of vigour in my system. So that I could to see and experience the outside world once more.
I felt a little at ease when I had finally seen the building where I worked came into view. While I was heading to the work quarters to clock in. I greeted my boss and my fellow co-workers then set off to work. There is just a good type of difference in the atmosphere today.

It was around twelve in the afternoon so I had took a break. To walk down the corridor and get my lunch. Suddenly I felt extremely nauseous and before I knew it, I had collapsed on the ground.
I faintly heard the frantic echo of worried voices around me call out my name in panicky tones.

Yet somehow they sounded so far way. I felt a pair of hands started to shake my body that was slowly going to be unresponsive soon. I heard one last voice screamed out my name just as I had slipped away into the world of unconsciousness.

I was awaken sometime later by a continuous beeping sound echoing in the room. My entire body felt completely spent and disoriented and my head held a bizarre yet strained feel to it. Just as trying to open my mouth and say something as painful zap slit around through my brain like a electricity.

My eyes felt so uncomfortable to move underneath my eyelids that felt heavy. The little strength that I have left in body. I used it to force my eyes open. I was rendered momentarily stunned by the sheer omnipresent force of blinding white and light combined in the room.

There was this obnoxious smell of medicine and the air felt it provided a faux sense of purity. Seemingly regaining control over my senses now. I had finally realized this very moment that I wasn't at work. God I felt so sore.

I had let out a harsh grunt when I had glanced down and saw that I was wearing a hospital gown. While my arm had an intravenous drip and numerous cords connected to it. Deciding to gaze around a bit more to try and make sense of what had occurred.
My eyes flitted over to see my Little Bug slender body crouched as she was sleeping uncomfortably in the hospital chair. From where I sat I could see the glimpse of her dried tear stained cheeks and her swollen eyelids were shut. Her curly hair was in a disarray, as it was sloppily thrown into what had been a stressed out bun.

I saw something moved in my peripheral vision and I quickly turned my head to the left. I had only caught a glimpse of Rosie on the outside conversing with a doctor. I watched as they peered through the glass window of my room. Before they suddenly decided to pushed the door open and step inside.

" Oh good you're awake. I'm doctor Assad Vazcían. How are you and do you presume why you have ended up here Miss Torris? ".
The doctor asked me in a kind tone as he gazed at me.

Before he went over and check my vitals and scribble something on a clipboard before looking at me once more. He had seemed to be in his late thirty's and seemed to have some combined Hispanic and Middle Eastern descent. He was slim built and average height with a pair of spectacles perched on his nose.

" I'm in a hospital, so obviously I am not fine doc. My body feels as if I had just gave birth and then got compressed by train. So in medical terms my body ligaments, tissues and tendons feels strained and exerted to its limit. The last thing I remembered was that I was at work walking down a corridor. Then I had felt nauseated so I must have fainted ".
I replied to him in a resigned tone.