Chapter 22 : Hello Darling We Meet Again

There it was again the same annoying beeping sound that kept on echoing in my ears. What kind of unexplainable and unpardonable indiscretion did I commit for this to happen to me once more.

It was like the flash of recent happenings came rushing back to me and I had finally remembered. Suddenly I opened my eyes and I had realized that I was in the hospital. This wretched place again.

I had started looking around the empty room distractedly. I didn't even see my Little Bug nor Rosie anywhere. She must've went to stay school to avoid dealing with recent problems and Rosie is more than likely holding down the fort down at work. I took a deep breath to calm myself and trying to remember what exactly had land me in the hospital again.

I was caught off guard when the hospital door was suddenly pushed open and in came doctor Vazcían.
" How are you feeling today Miss Torris? ".
He asked me in a tone of genuine interest.

Well this is weird, I thought that doctors are supposed to be invested in their patients but not too invested. Where it seems to blur a certain line that shouldn't be crossed.

" I'm not one hundred right now doc. I feel like I'm having a bit of memory issues ".
I replied to the doctor genuinely confused.

" It's normally common for cancer patients in your case to experience symptoms of memory loss. Some even lose bits of fragments of time. When I had given you the first diagnosis of your illness. Your body had seemingly shut down in a temporary coma three weeks back.
It was your body's natural reaction of defence to facilitate a security shield of its own and try to tackle the problem ".
He replied to me with a kind smile. Despite the tired look he was sporting he tried to remain upbeat. I had smiled back in response and gave him a nod to continue.

" So now that you are alive and seems to be functioning well Amélie. Which method of recovery would you be interested in, chemotherapy or radiation therapy? ".
He asked had me patiently as he regarded my weak form with a soft gaze.

" Doctor it's not like I have no interest in the chemo or radiation therapy. Let us be real with each other doctor. My survival rate is extremely slim and the network of the cancer is actually worse than it is. I rather keep fighting and pray to God that I beat this illness.
I'm leaving this in God's hand and even though it pains me to say this. If it's my time to go and meet the saviour. Then I just have to go ".
I said to him realistically with tears in my eyes as I had started releasing a series of harsh coughs.

The truth was right there in front of our very eyes. There was nothing much left to do about this illness. It had already spread to far and as selfish as it may sound. Death had seemed to be my quickest release.

" If that's your final choice Amélie then I have no choice to respect it ".
He said to me solemnly and then with a final nod of his head he had exited the room.

I had decided to keep myself entertained with whatever programme that was happening on the television. It was quit late in the afternoon when I had decided to off to sleep. Somehow my eyes shot wide open in alertness, when I had realized that the room had accumulated an uncomfortable shift in the atmosphere. It was a familiar out of this world kind of tension.

I could identify it from anywhere and I knew that only a certain venomous vermin had such attributes. Jesus Christ, he wouldn't think to come to the hospital and enter in my room. Immediately my heartbeat had started to accelerate when I was looking for the little remote like device near the bedside table.

Suddenly a black shadow emerged from the corner of the room. I watched on in breathless anticipation as it had started to take shape. When it was finally complete it had took on the form of... Samiel Darkstar. Oh no!, no!, no!. God help me.

" Oh yes!, yes!- yes Andrea we meet again. As you can see its not dad directly but I will definitely pass along your little s.o.s message.

Seeing as I am the prince of peacefulness and dad's favourite celestial son. I just can't seem to understand you Andrea. You have direct contact with your God through me. Yet you simply refuse to use it. How preposterous! ".

He said to me in a sarcastic tone with a devious smile. Just by hearing what he had my heart had started to somersault in my chest.

" What are you - how did you find me? ".
I asked Samiel in blinding hysteria.

" Calm down, calm...down...Andrea you have just been awakened from a three weeks coma. I am your Samiel you need not to fear. Ah!, looking for this Andrea ".
This smug son of a gun replied to me as he held up the device. The exact one that I was looking for. The darn device that is to alert the doctors of the current danger that was lurking in my room.

" Samiel look- please just get out. Doctor!, Doctor! ".
I said calmly to him at first but when I had realized he wasn't up for any negotiation. I had started screaming just hoping for a doctor to walk through the door at any moment. To save me from this current dilemma.

" Andrea please stop exerting the limit of your human vessel. Aren't you afraid of dying?. Yet how could you be?. When you spend your dying breath trying to pray your way into God's right hand.

O ye Andrea of much faith, my dad doesn't have time for your trivial illness. Ask yourself this Andrea...why would he?. What are you trying to be the modern day biblical Job? ".
He stated to me smugly, then started to whistle as he walk around.

Then he stopped as if he remembered something and with a dramatic cue he turned to me.

" Why would he Andrea?. When dad has me to deal with, the rebellious celestial son whom he had ungraciously cast out from the golden paradise. Don't look so alarm now Andrea it was my home. Its the same so-called holy heaven you aspire to go when you die.

He doesn't care Andrea because that's what he do. He has me to deal with walking rampant to and fro, up and down reeking havoc and seeking souls to devour on this Earth ".
He said in a sadistic tone but I could hear the underline bitterness that he had tried to conceal.

As he sent a devious smirk in my direction. I was left in the mercy of his hands. Yet I already knew not to get my hopes up because the tender mercy of the wicked is cruelty.

" Andrea don't you want to know who is paying for your bills?. In whose hands do you think Todito will fall into as soon as you die? ".

It was like I was drowning and couldn't reach the surface in time. When I heard what he had to said because the next thing I knew my heart had accelerated to its limit. Due to the loud continuous beeping sounds resonating in the room. Suddenly a group of doctor came rushing in my room with medical equipments.

" He is here!. Darkstar is here!. He is the devil!. The devil is here! ".
I said in hysterics with tears as I pointed at him. Yet the doctors had the audacity to pretend as if they couldn't see him.

" Ma'am there is no one here. You need to calm down. There's no need to accuse your husband Mr.Darkstar that he is the de-".
A doctor said in a calm tone as he tried to pacify me.

" He's not my husband!. He's the de- ".
I had started to shout louder, while looking around the room wildly for the culprit. Where is the bastard? god dammit. He was right here just standing in my room.

" Her body is going in to shock, either we sedate her or get the defibrillator. She's flat lining get the defibrillator!. Code ... ".

Next thing I know everything had went pitch black and was permanent silent.

Maybe... just maybe I had finally shook the death angel's hand.