Chapter 30 : A Possibility Of Betrayal

It is such a marvellous delight to finally eradicate Grace from the picture. I mean from this Earth. I swear even the air is a little more better to breathe ever since she had died. Mhm...I could surely tell you and even testify that my dad does indeed work in mysterious and mischievous ways.

I mean here I was, hoping that Andrea would kick the bucket. Then my faith and belief get me going that one day I was going to get what I had wanted. Now would you look at where dad had place sweet ol' Andrea. At a very special little place that is six feet under the Earth.

Oh saviour divine!.

I was currently relaxing in my quarters sipping on some devil's shot. They were really large shot glasses that had the shape of the devil's head with two horns. I had filled them to the brim with tequila that I had set on fire before I drink them.

What a joyous time indeed to celebrate the death of a foe. Then to have my little heir right where I had wanted her, under my authority and subjection but most importantly my rulership.

Just as I was about to empty another shot of the liquid hellfire. Suddenly a knock sounded at my door. Due to being caught complete unaware, the bloody shot glass slipped right out of my hand. I had to shatter the damn thing mid-air that was to show how bloody infuriated I was. Bullocks.

" Bloody hell... come on in. "
I called out in a sour tone.

While I took off my Prada jacket in vexation and toss it on the exquisite designed italian couch in my liquor room. Upon seeing who it was, I let out a frigging loud scoff.

Oh Dad help me!.
It is Belphedeus presence again. How much bloody time was I suppose to keep seeing this damn bloke.

" What is it Belphedeus?. "
I asked him in faux good temperance.

" I think that Anna is planning to betray you my Lord- ".
I had to really pause in my step and take a good long look at him.

When I had heard the utter stupidity Belphedeus was incessantly spewing so convincingly. It wasn't even what was coming out of his mouth that was bothering me. It was the fact that he was so confident in wording his delivery and looked as if genuinely believed that words that were coming out of his mouth.

" Belphedeus... I don't do the, I think or I feel. It's either you know or you don't know. I suggest you stop spewing oral defamatory statements of slander against my daughter... my heir. I am not operating a contingency for idiots. Anna is the key. We need her and she wouldn't dare to betray me.
So listen to me Belph, when I say that I had went through her mind thoroughly. There is not one thought in her mind that depicts that she is against me in anyway. The best quality Andrea and Anna seems to share well is stupidity. So there is no way in hell for her to rise up arms for an insurrection against me. "
I said to Belphedeus in a no-nonsense tone.

I have no intention to entertain this wretched stupidity. While barely managing to keep the lid that sealed my barely restrained anger tightly shut. The thread that weaved my sanity was weaving proper thin from this meaningless conversation.

" My king try to understand- ".
Before Belphedeus could utter one more word and finish that bloody infuriating sentence.

" No you understand Belphedeus. If you are worrying about your position. No one can take it from you. "
I said to him firmly as I rest my hands on his shoulders.

To let him understand that there is nothing to worry about. I understand where his fear is coming from but fear normally leads to festering negative thoughts.

" Samiel listen to me; I don't think she's just going to church. I think she's talking to someone - . My king, what if they conspire to destroy you. " He replied persistently to me while staring at me heatedly.

Oh good dad, not this again!

" Belphedeus you worry to much. You need to stop speaking folly. The only person that can defeat the devil is... himself. How can a mere half celestial like my daughter could ever be wise enough to deceive me?.
How can she deceive me?. When I am the world's greatest deceiver. Relax... I have her right where I want her, in the palm of my hand. Belph you already know that those that are deceived by me are wise. "
I said to him sarcastically with a coy smile and a pat on his back. I swear Belphedeus can be such a worry wart at times.

I know for a fact that my little half immortal seed simply didn't have it in her. To commit such a heinous act against me... her own father. After all we had finally found each after eleven years and look at the progress we had made.

Yet what if she did have it in her?.

Damning hell!. That bloody bastard Belphedeus had planted the damn seed of doubt and paranoia in my mind.

I am the bloody Devil for dad's sake. I don't need anyone neither do I fear lesser men. Who could so much as dare to defy my rules much less to overthrow me?