Chapter 19 : Expect The Unexpected

The entire class of fifth form girls including myself, were getting for our Physical Education class. Today we were doing practicals and that was the reason we were already changed out of our school uniforms and into the school's required and official physical education attire and heading to the courts.

The attire simply consisted of a dark blue pleated mini skirt and sky blue coloured blouse and a pair of white sneaker. The school's name, Summerville Stellars Secondary School was stitched onto the bottom left side of the skirt.

The blouse was tucked neatly into the skirt with the school's crest being placed on the left side of the blouse. The crest was triangular in shape with a blue and yellow butterfly being wrapped up by snake on the inside.
The school's motto 'driven and dedicated yet always determined to succeed' was printed underneath the crest.

To finally complete the apparel, everyone had donned a pair of white sneaker on their feet.

" Good afternoon fifth formers. Okay everyone I want all eyes on me!. Good. Listen carefully I want the class to split in to teams of two. So for today's lesson we will be playing the game of netball ".
Our Physical Education teacher Mr.Vaz said to us in a strict tone.

Mr.Vaz, a quiet yet strict individual that ruled with his class with an iron clad fist. When he has given an instruction once you might do well to listen. As he wasn't in the business of repeating himself twice.
He stands around six feet in stature and had quite the muscular built to him.

He had few grey hairs on both sides of his head and a salt and pepper beard was coming on. I didn't know if it was due to unnecessary stress he like to place himself under or his so-called marital problems. That he had like to indulged the class in about his personal life on a regular basis.

" Good afternoon Mr.Vaz. Sir can't we just-".
The entire class has started to groan in protest. Upon realizing the game we trying to play. He shut it down immediately and interrupted us before we could even continue.

" Just for that I want everybody to drop and give me twenty push-ups. I need to see those limbs burning. If anyone suddenly get fatigue and decide to stop. The lot of you will be starting over from one ".
He said to us in a no-nonsense tone with a smug smile on this face. This hijo de puta.

I can't believe this bird has the audacity to stand their and smile as he had just pronounce our death sentence. Did I ever mention the deep hatred I had for this particular class?

Just as I am about to get down and get this over with, rather sooner than later. The intercoms that were stationed near the court had started projecting some abnormal frequency. Everything went silent before the principal's voice was broadcast saying.

" Anna Mariah please report to the principal's office. I repeat Anna Mariah please report to the principal's office immediately! ".
That was all he said in an urgent manner before everything went static.

I was completely frozen in utter bewilderment combing through the week's event. I was wondering who I had done made a jest at and they had became angry and went with my name to the principal's office.

There was complete silence on the court before I heard the resounding sounds of 'oohs' and 'ahhs' of my classmates being chorused around me.

" Girl's cut out this childish nonsense. Seeing as how you all like to act immature so let me follow suit. You now all have thirty push-ups. I don't want to hear a single complain ".
Mr.Vaz said to the class in a no-nonsense tone while a stern expression remained on his face.