Who Hasn't Moved On Yet?

-

"What if ate sees them?"

"They're already hidden by the time she went home." Alyssa assured Justin with a smile. "So I guess I better get home before she gets home from her date first." 

"Well goodluck."

"Happy birthday again Jus." bati naman ni Alyssa at nagpaalam na kay Justin. 

The birthday party was over and everyone decided to go home when Alyssa decided to stay for awhile. It earned a lot of questions from Dennise but good thing Myco convinced her to let Alyssa and took her to a quick date instead.

Alyssa stayed for awhile to pick up the teddy bears. The bears she gave Dennise before. Justin already gave them back to Alyssa before but Alyssa decided to keep them in the Lazaro's house again when she and Dennise became roommates, she didn't want Dennise to see the bears with her. But not now, she just missed hugging these teddy bears. She would just hide them whenever Dennise was in the room.

Then she failed.

"What's that?" bumungad sa kanya pagbukas niya ng pinto ng kwarto nila si Dennise at naka-cross arms pa ito. Napaatras si Alyssa sa gulat.

"A-akala ko may date pa kayo?" tanong ni Alyssa at pilit pang tinago sa likod niya ang dalawang paper bags na naglalaman ng teddy bears. Alyssa noticed Dennise fixed her eyes on the paper bag she was holding. Then Dennise snatched it from Alyssa's hand. Alyssa wasn't able to react quickly because of Dennise's reflexes.

Then there Dennise saw what was inside. She saw the teddy bears.

"Where did you get these?" Dennise asked in a serious tone. Alyssa got nervous with her tone but managed to answer.

"Does it matter? You already dumped them." sagot naman ni Alyssa at umiwas ng tingin. Instead of answering, Dennise took it and headed to her bed. Alyssa turned to look at her again. "Oh ba't mo kinukuha?" pag-awat ni Alyssa.

"You gave them to me." Dennise simply said. 

"Pero ayaw mo na sa kanila."

"Were these still in my room? Is that why you stayed behind?" Dennise asked again, her eyes still on the teddy bears. Alyssa wasn't able to answer for a moment. She wasn't sure what Dennise was thinking, was she mad or sad? Alyssa couldn't figure it out.

"So who should win the children custody battle?" Ella broke the silence with her sarcastic question as she looked at her two bestfriends with boredom. Her elbow on her study table and head leaning on her palm. Alyssa didn't notice Ella was there. She winced then spoke again.

"Look, I was supposed to hide them from you, I know you didn't want them anymore. I just didn't expect you'd be home early from your date with Myco." Alyssa explained with a hint of bitterness in her tone.

"Right. Myco." Dennise said then stood up from her bed with the paper bags on her hands. "I remember telling Jus to throw that away. She really never listened to me." she said then handed them back to Alyssa who wasn't able to say anything. "Just make sure I don't see them." she added before walking out of the room leaving  Alyssa speechless and Ella... bored.

-