Don't Hide

-

a/n:

enjoy reading :)))

sorry for typos and grammatical errorrrrr

-

Alyssa's last year in Greendale, Senior year...

Yeah she's got your eyes

But they don't quite shine

Like the way yours always do

"Ly..."

Nagulat si Alyssa sa nagsalita at nagmadaling buksan ang bag niya upang itago ang ballpen at papel na sinulatan niya. Nang maisara ay hinarap niya ang nagsalita.

"Laura." gulat na sambit ni Alyssa kay Laura na kapapasok lang sa library. "'Kala ko nakauwi ka na."

Katatapos lang ulit ng rehearsal nila para sa High School Graduation next week. Sakto namang nasa school din ang parents ni Laura dahil may inaasikasong mga dokumento ni Laura kaya hindi ito pwedeng ihatid ni Alyssa pauwi. Dahil na rin hindi sila legal at hindi out si Laura. Si Alyssa naman ay napagdesisyonan lang tumambay sa library.

Her girlfriend smiled at her.

Binati ni Laura ng halik sa pisngi si Alyssa saka hinatak ang upuan sa tapat nito para umupo.

"I will, I just forgot to tell you something." sabi naman ni Laura.

Laura looked at her. Alyssa was just writing about those eyes, but not in the way people would think.

It's almost a year since Laura said yes. Who would have expected? Not Alyssa. She had no idea how she managed to get into a relationship.

"What is it?" tanong naman ni Alyssa.

"It's about studying in US." sabi ni Laura. Napag-usapan nila na plano pag-aralin ng parents ni Laura siya sa US kung gugustuhin nito. "I've already decided."

Alyssa slightly shifted her position. "What's your decision?" she asked.

"I'm..." Laura said. "...leaving."

Alyssa didn't respond right away. Laura looked at her intently as if trying to figure out what her reaction was, but she couldn't. She couldn't tell what Alyssa was thinking.

"If that's what you want." Alyssa said.

Her tone was calm and respectful yet Laura felt hurt.

Instead, Laura felt coldness in Alyssa's tone, maybe because Alyssa felt Laura was abandoning her? No, Laura thought Alyssa had always been like this. She was probably glad to be finally free from Laura.

That was what Laura felt about this relationship. Laura made decisions and Alyssa just always went along with it. Even entering this relationship when Alyssa obviously no longer wanted it. Alyssa was always present physically, but never mentally.

Laura spoke again, breaking the silence.

"Ly," Laura said, her tone changed. "I just wanna say thank you." there was pain and sincerity.

Alyssa would've said welcome but she sensed Laura wasn't thanking her for that... and she was right.

"For making me happy..." Laura continued. "Even when I can't do the same to you." then she smiled sadly. She heaved a sigh as if pulling strength to say the next words. "Seems like she left with your heart."