Bent

She couldn't help but giggle, she even laughed every time she remembered her encounter with Alyssa. Jus even asked her what happened after seeing her laughing and smiling widely alone. She just answered: "something happened, something weird." When asked what it was, she would just ignore it. She considered what happened weird because she found Alyssa weird. But in a funny way. She even told about it to Ma'am de Guzman, they had got closer ever since their first talk but she also told her not to tell about her to Alyssa.

"Utal utal talaga magsalita 'yan, lalo 'pag kinakabahan." Ma'am de Guzman said after she told her what happened. They were at the library. Ma'am de Guzman on her chair while Dennise was a few feet away from her, with a book on her hand though she was not really reading, just for them not to look obviously gossiping. It was just the two of them at the library, Alyssa wasn't there yet.

"Kita ko nga Ma'am, ganon ba talaga siya?" Dennise asked and the librarian shook her head. They talked in a low voice but enough for them to hear each other.

"Dati naman hindi kaya 'di ko alam bakit naging ganyan. Masayahin kaya dati 'yan, nagbago lang nung, masyado ng personal ayaw ko namang i-chismis siya masyado." Ma'am de Guzman said, Dennise's shoulders fell. Just when she was about to know why, Ma'am de Guzman stopped.

"Hmm, but alam po ba sa campus kung bakit?" Dennise asked hoping to know why.

"Oo, dahil medyo sikat 'yan dito, madalas din siyang mapag-usapan."

"Kung alam na po sa campus edi okay lang po na malaman ko?" Dennise smiled sweetly.

Tell it, tell it.

"Na-uto mo 'ko do'n iha ah." The librarian said which made Dennise smile even wider then she chuckled.

"Sorry po, curious lang."

"Sa tingin ko matapos pumanaw ang nanay niya, sobrang close niya doon eh."

"Oh." Dennise said, feeling sorry. "Last year po ba?" She asked again, confirming.

"Oo, pa'no mo nalaman? Sabagay napag-uusapan nga pala talaga ang mga sikat dito." Ma'am de Guzman said. Though she didn't know it because of the students, but because she was with Alyssa at the hospital the day their moms died, she just agreed to the librarian.

"Uhm gano'n na nga po." She said while nodding.

"Oh, si Baldo parating!" The librarian told her almost shouted it out. Dennise quickly hid under a table. The librarian chuckled, even her. When she decided to hide somewhere else, Alyssa had already entered so she just stayed. She was covering her mouth, not wanting to make any sound. She then heard Alyssa's footsteps getting nearer. "Mukhang problemado Baldo ah." Dennise heard the librarian asked Alyssa.

"Hindi naman po Ma'am, may iniisip lang." Alyssa answered then made her way to one of the tables then sat. Dennise was at the end of the table while Alyssa was at the other end.

Shit why did she sit here? Nangangawit na ko!

Alyssa was murmuring things but Dennise didn't understand a thing since she was thinking of ways to get out without getting noticed. She just decided to stay, all ears on Alyssa.

"Teka." Dennise heard Alyssa. "Hindi pwedeng hindi matuloy yung gig namin sa Saturday, manonood samin yung babaeng may bangs!" She almost laughed with what she heard but good thing she managed to suppress it. "Pag nakanood siya, hindi naman sa pagmamayabang pero baka matuwa siya at hindi na niya ko ilaglag  kay Laura." Dennise felt how stressed Alyssa was, she just laughed on her mind. "Pag hindi yun natuloy baka sabihin na niya ng tuluyan yun kay Laura. Hays talaga."