Taking Risks

-

Maybe I should have just continued being indecisive and end up not deciding at all. Haha what a lame thought. We get to decide what we want to do with our lives 'cause it's ours, but who are we kidding? It's impossible not to get people affected with our decisions even if we never intend to.

Ella finally agreed to let Dennise talk to her after months. Dennise had always been looking forward to it. It was the day after Gretchen and Sheila's Graduation day. Synjin messaged her and told her to go to his resto bar because Ella decided they should talk about things. Dennise readied as fast as she could and headed there. She missed her bestfriend a lot and she had a lot of stories and things to tell her.

The moment she arrived and saw Ella, she immediately ran towards her and hugged her real tight. Ella didn't hug her back and even complained she couldn't breathe. Dennise then let go of her and excitedly sat in across her, Synjin was beside the two.

"Thank you for finally meeting me." Dennise said as she sat.

"Well, Synj told me you wanted to talk." Ella said, sounded monotone. She looked at Synjin then back to Dennise though she didn't seem to wanna look at Dennise. Dennise noticed it and the table with no food on it, not that she was hungry, she just got used to Ella eating every possible time. Seemed like Ella did not plan on staying for too long. She ignored it and shifted her attention back to why she was here. She couldn't read Ella's expression, it seemed like she was either forced to talk with her or wanted to talk to her too but still mad or both.

"Ofcourse I do! How are you? I missed you." Dennise said but Ella didn't answer. It was awkward since Synjin wasn't talking too because she was letting her two bestfriends talk. With all the people around them talking it still seemed so silent. It was dead air so Dennise just continued talking again. "Uhm, you're still not answering my messages and calls. I like you to meet rin pala mga nakilala ko sa school. They are nice and fun to be with like you." Ella was just letting her talk but still not responding. Synjin excused himself to attend some customers and to also give them time alone. When he left, Dennise spoke again. "If naaalala mo pa, sila 'yung tumutugtog dito every Saturday. Sa school din tumutugtog sila 'pag may event. Birthday nga pala nung isa ngayong month, gusto mo sumama? I'll introduce you." Dennise asked and this time Ella responded, her brows creased.

"Uhm no, and I didn't come here to listen to your stories from that school. But, tanong ko lang, are you gonna transfer back?" Ella asked. Dennise didn't expect that question. She was surprised and didn't get to answer immediately.

"W-what?" she asked Ella.

"Sa school, siguro naman sa 1 school year na 'yan nakilala mo na 'yung gusto mong makilala."

"B-but." Dennise didn't know what to say and Ella wasn't that patient. Ella stood up. "Wait!"

"I'm guessing your answer is no, mukhang nakahanap ka na nga ng bagong bestfriend. Well then, bye."Ella started walking away from their table. Dennise stood up to stop Ella but couldn't.

"Wait Pots naman, it's not like that, hindi siya bestfriend okay." Dennise explained. She said it because she didn't want to label Alyssa as her bestfriend. She couldn't tell her what she feels for Alyssa. It would be more awkward.

"Bahala ka Dennise, wala na 'kong paki. Enjoy sa 4th year." Ella said then opened the door and left. Dennise followed her but Synjin stopped her, he held her wrist. Dennise looked at him with a brow raised.

"What? I'll follow Ella." Dennise annoyingly said. Synjin shook his head.

"Let her, okay." Synjin said. Dennise faced her.