Mistaken

-

Dennise felt less guilt after knowing Kim and Carmela were doing good so far and that day she cried on Alyssa at the rooftop somehow lessened the weight she felt inside. Alyssa had said a lot of comforting words which was surprising, Dennise didn't know Alyssa in panic could say so much. Also sleeping on the same bed was one of the best, especially sleeping while hugging Alyssa, which made Nanay Celia ban them from going inside Alyssa's room together. Although they repeatedly explained Nanay Celia themselves, Nanay wouldn't believe them thinking they were a couple already but wasn't just confessing yet. Alyssa found it ridiculous but Dennise couldn't help but feel giddy about it everytime. Nanay Celia even let her have more sleep that morning while she scolded Alyssa outside her room.

Despite being scolded, Alyssa still thought about Dennise the whole time, she was worried. Alyssa immediately asked how she was the moment she got out of her room. She was checking if Dennise were already awake from time to time.

"Hey, musta ka na?" Alyssa quickly asked the moment she saw Dennise got out from her room.

"Hmm I'm fine." Dennise said.

"Wanna tell me what it was about?" Alyssa asked. Dennise smiled.

"Nothing, just pressured of incoming college life. You know, I'm a graduating student." Dennise saw how Alyssa's body relaxed then smiled back.

"Akala ko kung ano, pinag-alala mo 'ko." Alyssa said then they heard Nanay Celia's voice from downstairs.

"Ang tagal mo naman 'nak 'wag mong pasukin si Dennise sa kwarto!" Alyssa face-palmed. She removed her hand then shouted back.

"Nay nasa labas kami!" Alyssa answered back. She turned to Dennise. "Tara na nga, baka ano pa ibang maisip ni Nanay." Dennise was still smiling then she sighed. Alyssa heard it and stopped descending the stairs, Dennise stopped too. Alyssa turned to look at Dennise who had her brows creased. Alyssa had the same expression. "You sighed. You sure you're really okay?" Alyssa asked again. Dennise wanted to laugh but she suppressed it and just nodded. Alyssa wasn't convinced and placed the back of her hand on Dennise's forehead to check if she were sick. "'Di ka naman mainit." Dennise instantly blushed. She slightly shoved Alyssa's hand.

"Sira, paranoid ka na naman." Dennise said then descended the stairs leaving Alyssa. Alyssa just smiled when she realized she really was.

-

"What course are you planning to take Dennise?" Dennise's dad asked her while they were eating dinner. Dennise looked at her dad.

"BS Bio Dad." Dennise answered then continued eating.

"Hmm, sa Ateneo 'di ba?" Dennise nodded then his dad remembered something. "Nga pala, matatapos na 'yung bahay. We can move out by January." Mike said then ate again. Justin and Mosh got excited at the announcement while Dennise reacted about it.

"Wait what? Why okay naman tayo dito Dad ah?" everyone looked at her as if asking what was with her reaction.

"Yes, but the reason why we are renting this house is because we are waiting for our own to be built." Her dad said but Dennise wasn't finished yet.

"Seems like she doesn't want to leave anymore." Justin said earning a glare from her sister which the latter ignored.

"'Di pa naman tayo lilipat sa January, after your Graduation." his dad explained but still Dennise didn't want to.

"How 'bout I stay here? Uhm just want to learn how to be independent." Dennise suggested but was avoiding everyone's gaze because she was too shy to tell the real reason why she wanted to stay. Her dad's brows creased, Justin wanted to laugh at her, and Mosh was clueless.