Talk

a/n:

i hope walang malito hahahahaa

enjoy readingggggg

-

Present Year...

"Knock knock!"

"Who---" Dennise wasn't able to finish talking when she saw who barged in. "Gretch?"

"The one and only." nakangiting sabi ni Gretchen at ngumiti nang malapad na lalong nagpasingkit sa mga mata nito.

Dennise got up from her desk and hurriedly ran toward Gretchen to greet her friend with a tight hug.

"You're here!" tuwang sigaw ni Dennise. Gretchen hugged her back.

"May emergency eh." Gretchen said then they let go of the hug. Dennise looked at her, worried.

"What happened?"

"Need ko magpa-check up sa'yo Doc." Gretchen joked then grinned.

Dennise frowned. "You're aware what type of doctor I am right?"

The grin on Gretchen's face faded when she remembered. "Shit. Just kidding." Gretchen waved her hand.

"Seriously how are you here? I thought you're on tour?"

Gretchen smiled. "Will fill you in later, so are you busy?"

"I'm the one who should ask you that."

As soon as they settled on their table at the café, Gretchen handed Dennise an envelope. "So I came to give you this." Gretchen said with a suppressed smile. It was a white envelope with minimal but sophisticated design.

Dennise read the two names written on it. "Gretchen and Robi."

"I'm finally getting married." Gretchen said in a low voice but with full of excitement.

Dennise's eyes turned wide.

"Yes." Gretchen confirmed again and nodded.

They continued talking with a low voice.

"With a guy." Dennise said in surprise. Gretchen let out a poker face upon sensing Dennise's sarcasm. Dennise grinned. "He finally had the courage to ask you."

Gretchen smiled again. "And in a very unexpected time."

Dennise stood up and went to Gretchen's side to hug her. "Congratulations I'm so happy for you!"

"I know." Gretchen said then they let go of the hug. Dennise went back to her seat.

"How come I didn't hear it on news? Or I missed it?" Dennise asked. "And why are we talking in a low voice."

Gretchen chuckled. "We wanted to keep it private as much as we can. Only people closest to us are invited." Gretchen explained, again in a low voice. "I hope this won't reach the news."