Missed

-

"I would probably make every day count this time, this year."

Dennise got up from bed with a huge smile on her face and readied herself for school. Well her mood had always been lighter since the year started because January was her birth month. She actually always felt more special every January but this year she would try to do just what Vic told her last year. She wanted to spend more and more time not just with Alyssa, (alright this is given already) but also with her new found friends. She always made sure she got to spend time with them every day even thru texts and calls, and so far so good.

How could Dennise not notice that Alyssa was just staring at Laura, who was cheering for their team the whole time when she was also doing the same at Alyssa. Not just the whole time because she and Sheila were also cheering for Vic and Kim who was on the court playing volleyball for the intrams. She wouldn't let this ruin her mood so she kept on telling Alyssa to cheer for their friends. When Alyssa finally did, of course, Dennise felt accomplished lol.

After the game and the scene with Kiefer's dad, it was Dennise chance to follow Alyssa but Gretchen stopped her. But Dennise being Dennise, she still went to look for Alyssa. She left the gym and quickly looked for any signs of Alyssa but she was nowhere near.

How she wanted to raise a brow with the Ravena's dad's action but she stopped herself thinking there was a reason why. How she saw Alyssa got affected by that which didn't usually happen since Alyssa had always been the most understanding among the rest. No one told her what the scene was all about so she thought it was not the right time to ask. She just continued looking for Alyssa.

Dennise was walking at the parking lot since it was near the gym when she suddenly heard like someone was shouting within her earshot so it made her turn to look. Then from a distance, she saw Kiefer beside a car standing and seemed to have an argument with someone. She confirmed it was Kiefer's dad who looked like he was scolding Kiefer. She didn't know what it was all about, she didn't want to eavesdrop but it was bothering her knowing that just by Kiefer's dad's presence, everyone's mood changed. She didn't know what to do so she was just standing there. After a few seconds, the argument seemed to be done and Dennise saw Kiefer's dad hopped in the driver's seat. Kiefer went to the passenger's seat and was about to hop in as well when she saw Dennise with a confused look staring at him. Kiefer stopped opening the door to greet her.

"Oh! Den!" Kiefer said with a smile like he wasn't arguing with his dad awhile ago. Dennise took a few steps near him but didn't let his dad see or hear her.

"Are you okay? I saw you earlier." Dennise asked and Kiefer knew what she meant.

"Okay lang 'no, just talking 'bout my play." Kiefer assured her.

"Looked like you were arguing," Dennise said then they saw the window going down and Kiefer's dad called him.

"Ba't 'di ka pa sumakay?" they heard Bong ask. Kiefer quickly opened the door.

"Turnovers." Kiefer said in a low voice. "Samahan mo si Alyssa please."  Kiefer added and Kiefer quickly hopped in the car. Dennise almost didn't hear it because it was just a whisper but she still did. Dennise knew enough about Basketball to know Kiefer was lying, he didn't even commit a single turnover because pressure was seen all over his moves. She just went away and continue looking for Alyssa again.

She went for the lockers since that was where Alyssa would usually head to before going home. She was right, she saw Alyssa with a blank face who was just about to open her locker. She fixed herself and quickly took a deep breath because she was running out of it after running. She then walked towards Alyssa and startled her.