Rooftop

-

"Goodluck vocalist." nakangiting sabi ni Alyssa kay Ella bago sila mag-start sa performance nila as a team. They were at an event and the team along with Synjin, the student manager, were asked to perform a song before the event ends. Gretchen and Dzi were playing the guitars while the rest sang the song. They were gonna perform Runaway by The Corrs since it was the only song Gretchen could play on guitar. Ella stood in front and held the mic because she was the main vocalist for this performance. 

"Oh 'Ly kalma baka mahulog ka sa'kin pagtapos." Ella joked and Alyssa laughed but she stopped when someone bumped into them.

"Excuse me, sa harap ako." Dennise startled the two as she made her way between them.

"Ay possessive naman." Ella told her with annoyance in her face.

"What?" Dennise asked.

"Wala!" Ella said.

As they performed, Ella was singing seriously while Synjin and the others were laughing in embarrassment. On the other hand, Alyssa was pretending to look at the paper with lyrics on it but she was just stealing glances to Dennise who seemed to enjoy performing.   

-

It's taking longer than I expected. You must be bored.

Dennise automatically looked at Alyssa's direction who just texted her. She saw Alyssa had her eyes on the band performing on stage as if she didn't just use her phone.

I'm fine, stop using your phone idiot. Don't text back.

She replied and looked at Alyssa's direction again and saw Alyssa took her phone out discreetly and read her reply. Alyssa smiled then put her phone back in her pocket and focused on the band again. Dennise shook her head.

They were at Greendale to judge the contestants of the Battle of the Bands as Portmanteau and Dennise being Alyssa's plus one. Portmanteau was near the stage while Dennise was with the audience.

"Nakataas pa rin mga balahibo ko, that performance felt really good." sabi ni Kiefer habang tinitignan ang braso niya. Katatapos lang ng competition at ng performance nila at pina-diretso sila sa isang room para makapagpahinga. Si Alyssa naman ay kanina pa palingon-lingon kung saan-saan sa labas ng room.

"Ah you're there." Alyssa said in relief as she saw Dennise approached them. "She's with me." she told the officer guarding their room. Dennise entered and quickly approached the band. Alyssa followed her.

"Congrats guys." Dennise said with a smile and they thanked her. The band was talking about the performance except Alyssa who was busy checking Dennise if she was okay even tho Dennise repeatedly said she was.