Sunset

Dennise was catching her breath although she did not do anything but 'talk' with Alyssa who just left the room just now but before it could even sink in, the door opened and Alyssa entered again. Her forehead creased and she kept standing still.

Alyssa walked towards her and she couldn't protest and move as if she were frozen. Alyssa stopped in front of her.

"Kung kakalimutan mong nakilala mo 'ko," Alyssa said with a blank face as Dennise stared at her, not reacting at all. 

"Magpapakilala ako ulit..." Alyssa continued then paused. 

"...hanggang sa 'di mo na 'ko makalimutan." she offered her hand, when Dennise still did not move, she grabbed her hand and shook it. "I'm Alyssa Valdez." then she smiled widely, showing her dimples, her true smile. She then let go of Dennise's hand. "Nice to meet you, mag-dinner ka na don't worry I won't be there. I'll go ahead." Alyssa smiled again before finally leaving the room, leaving Dennise, who suddenly slumped on her bed, dumbfounded.

Alyssa changed her approach to Dennise and Dennise was not ready for it at all. Alyssa didn't let another day passed without her talking to Dennise or atleast greet her or 'introduce' herself. She would even make lame excuses just to talk to her whenever she knew Dennise was alone. Like what happened one time...

*knock knock

After a few seconds the door opened and Alyssa, with an open book on her hand, immediately entered Dennise's room catching her off guard again.

"Ella..." sabi ni Alyssa at napatingin kay Dennise at nagulat, which is alam naman ni Dennise ay acting na naman. Dennise let out an exasperated sigh. "Where is she? Papatulong ako sa assignment sana." Dennise rolled her eyes, she was still at the door, ready to kick Alyssa out.

"She's not here so will you please get out?" mataray at sarkastikong 'pakiusap' nito kay Alyssa. Alyssa bit her lip, as if disappointed. Umupo ito sa kama ni Dennise.

"I think I'll just wait." sabi ni Alyssa at humiga pa sa kama ni Dennise.

"Not on my bed!" sigaw ni Dennise at agad napaupo si Alyssa. "And you're gonna wait? Then wait here." asar na sabi ni Dennise at lumabas ng kwarto, siya na ang nag-adjust. Agad sumunod si Alyssa at nahawakan niya ang pinto bago pa tuluyang masara ni Dennise.

"Wait!" sabi nito at lumabas din, inis na tinignan siya ni Dennise.

"Ano na naman?" tanong nito.

"Sama ako." sabi ni Alyssa. "Kasi... takot akong mag-isa." pa-inosenteng pagdadahilan ni Alyssa with a giddy smile. Kung sa iba siguro 'to ginawa ni Alyssa paniniwalaan siya dahil mukha siyang inosente dahil... inosente naman talaga siya. "B-baka may multo." kunyaring takot na sabi pa nito.

"Argh!" Dennise groaned at sa inis nito ay tinulak niya si Alyssa palayo ng kwarto at agad siyang pumasok sa kwarto at ni-lock ang pinto.

"Actually I'm done." sabi ni Alyssa, referring to her assignment, gusto niya lang talagang kulitin si Dennise. She closed her book then let out a huge smile.

She heard someone laughed from the back. Pagkalingon niya ay si Gretchen.