From Flight to Plight

-

It was a new year, a fresh start for everyone. People wanted to change for the better or just stay the same. Everyone had a New Year's Resolution which people did not normally do or make an effort for it to happen.

Except for Dennise, she had a few New Year's Resolutions. She did not know though if one of it was resolved already, that confess-to-Alyssa-resolution. With that being unsure made her doubt if she would ever resolve her other resolutions. She hadn't heard from Alyssa since the start of the year and it was for a week. 

"Hello Den!" Alyssa's brothers, Kim, and Vic greeted Dennise as she walked towards them.

She finally got to see Alyssa again when Vic invited her to play volleyball with them. She saw Alyssa, who didn't like to play the sport, on the court so she asked what they were doing and they told her they were playing volleyball. Dennise was surprised knowing Alyssa would play, forced to play. She was asked to teach Alyssa how to play and she did, Alyssa was hesitant at first, she didn't know Dennise was a former volleyball player, she thought Dennise would just play pranks on her.

They talked like how they talked with each other and Alyssa still had not mentioned anything about Dennise's confession, Dennise was overthinking. Just hours ago Vic explained over the phone to Dennise why she hadn't heard from Alyssa for days, it was because Alyssa was busy 'courting' Laura. Vic noticed how worried Dennise was though Dennise didn't tell her why so she just invited her over and forced Alyssa to join them. Alyssa hanging up on her on New Year's Eve, not responding to her confession, not hearing anything from her for days, and courting Laura made Dennise want to explode inside but it added force to her attacks. She didn't even notice how Alyssa stared at her the whole time. It was a great game for Dennise until she saw Alyssa on the floor unconscious. All her thoughts faded away and she rushed towards Alyssa. 

"Kuya naman!" Dennise scolded Paulo as she held Alyssa's head. She didn't notice how she overreacted that time until she saw Vic smirking on the side, then everyone's reactions. Dennise shook her head to clear her mind and Paulo carried Alyssa home. They all went to the Valdez's home and Vic was still grinning on Dennise which she avoided looking at. If they teased Dennise when they arrived, Dennise wasn't sure, she was too focused on Alyssa. She sat on the sofa while Alyssa's on her lap. She saw Alyssa's anklet from Laura and rolled her eyes, how she wanted to take it and throw it away. She just then decided to stare at Alyssa's face.

"Kumain ka muna kaya kanina ka pa diyan eh." Dennise declined their offers and waited for Alyssa to wake up, who woke up in a way she didn't expect. Clueless with what Alyssa's thoughts were while they were playing, Dennise got confused with Alyssa's actions when she woke up. 

"Himala 'di ka tumatawa." Alyssa said talking about the facial hit she got from Paulo. Dennise's worried face changed and she faked a laugh.

"Pft." Dennise laughed. "Itsura mo kanina!" she teased Alyssa.

Itsura mo kanina pinag-alala mo 'ko sobra.

Alyssa talking about wanting to learn volleyball made Dennise excited although they were not sure if she were serious, the thought of Alyssa playing made her want to play again too.

They were left alone in the living room and Dennise took it as a chance to finally talk about what she was itching to talk about with Alyssa, her confession.

"Uhm, 'Ly." she shyly called Alyssa who turned to look at her.

"Hmm?" Alyssa creased her brows. Dennise couldn't speak for a moment and all they could hear was the noise from the television. Dennise was too shy she expected Alyssa to talk about it but no, she did not.