Introduction

Published: January, 17th, 2021.
Edited: January, 29th, 2021.

-

Introduction

This part is an introduction to the different species that co-exist in this story, providing little insight into their ranks and differences. Feel free to skip if you wish.

-

Warlocks are the strongest out there, they each have individual powers and many hidden talents. Most of them can read minds, create portals, make things appear and disappear. It is rumored, however, that the most powerful amongst them can bring back the dead. They control the elements and everything around them, including others. Yet fortunately, they don't abuse their power as even they know it comes with prime responsibilities.

Next in line are the Dark Faes, just like their names insinuate, they are evil; they enjoy people's pain and suffering, everything about them screams danger but they also love the strongest, they use their aura to impose their dominance or claim over things and they stop at nothing to get what they want, they can only die of natural causes.

The Light Faes are the total opposite, they carry the love of a mother in their hearts; they are very caring and affectionate, yet also powerful. They protect what they love and are extremely possessive, their aura has the same use as the dark faes but they also use it to soothe others and absorb negative emotions, they cannot die of unnatural causes either.

The vampires are much less powerful, their speed and healing abilities grant them a position in society, but they still depend on humans for food, whether it is blood, energy or soul. They rejoice on human emotion and it is their weakness, once they dive in, it's hard to pull them back, just like drugs addiction.

Shape-shifters don't have all the previous privileges, they are the most human likely, after all, they are half-humans. Their only talent is their ability to change their physic, they can be whatever they want, yet they can not cancel their identity from warlocks and the dark faes.

Then you have the humans, the mundanes... they are always at the bottom of the food chain. They are mostly perceived as slaves, their intelligence is also inferior, thus they have no choice but to serve. Most humans work as maids, cooks, vendors, cleaners, assistants and the luckiest may be sex workers. After all, there is an enormous demand for their services.

-

Disclaimer:

Before you proceed to read this book, there is some themes that you should be warned about the following:

This story isn't all sunshine and rainbow, it draws the picture of a perfectly toxic relationship, as it adresses issues like racism/specisim indirectly, misogyny and some passages contain non-consented markings (two), as well as romantic feelings between two adoptive brothers.

Things that will not be included are sexual assault and pedophilia, rest assured!

I'd like you to know that by addressing certain dark themes, I do not intend to romanticize it or glorify it, it's a subtle way to bring awareness through the existing issues in our flawed society, to make people react to the characters through their pain, their angst and their trauma.

Remember, everyone is valid, everyone is loved and if you have any questions or you just want to talk, dm me or ask for my discord. We can always be friends!