17. Senses

Chapter 17: Senses

"We have been walking... For thirty minutes!" Milo groans dramatically after feeling the exhaustion kick in. "Where the hell does this friend of yours live?"

"Maybe, just maybe if you stop nagging like a bitch, I can concentrate and remember which way his apartment is situated." London's annoyance was starting to manifest after trying to get the younger to shut up for half an hour.

"Or maybe, you are just too dumb to remember simple road directions."

"Oh really? Try navigating your ways through a new city using a primitive brain and primitive powers..." London stopped, raising his arms dramatically and glaring at the shorter male. "Oh wait," he continues sarcastically, "You wouldn't know the difference because your empty brain is the epitome of primitive..." He finishes with a mocking tone, pointing a finger towards Milo's chest who scoffs, hands on his hips, ready to retaliate.

"Did you just call me primitive?" Milo's face was heating up with rage and fury, he takes two step to the taller man and slaps the finger pointing at him. "Well guess what, this primitive brain," he insists on the previous words with his fingers making quotations in the air. "Is what saved your ass from a bunch of coocoo witches yesterday, and this primitive brain is what saved you from freezing to death in the back of an alley."

"You won't let me hear the end of it, will you?" London rolled his eyes and started walking again, intentionally knocking Milo's shoulder with his.

"The more you open your mouth, the more I regret saving your ass..." Milo was expecting another comeback but was met with utter silence, that until he noticed the older stopped before a coffee shop, staring at the inside with longing.

They exchanged a quick glance, both waiting for the other to admit their hunger. Milo licks his lips and inhales the intoxicating aroma, as if on cue, his stomach grumbled, embarrassing him in front of his frenemy.

"Come on," he groans, frustrated with himself as he walks past London and into the coffee shop.

London follows right behind him like a lost puppy. He was indeed feeling lost these last couple of days and somehow, following Milo around gave him some reassurance.

"What's this smell?" He leans down to whisper into Milo's ear as they stood in line to place their orders.

"You mean... Coffee?" Milo squinted his eyes as he counted the money they had left in his palm.

"Is that how you smell coffee?" He closes his eyes, inhaling deeper and smiling faintly at the aroma invading his nostrils.

"Well... Yeah?" Milo's confusion was more visible by the second, he puts the change back in his pocket and turns fully to face London. "What's wrong with you?"

"I never smelled anything like this in my life..." He admits, a faint shade of pink coloring his cheeks as he scratches the back of his head timidly.

"Holy guacamole... " Milo gasped dramatically, taking London by the wrist and pushing through the line of angry clients. "Excuse me, sorry, I'm sorry... " He apologises as he takes everybody's turn, standing by the cashier.

Protesting clients were yelling at them to get back in line but Milo didn't seem to mind, he slams down the money on the counter and looks at the cashier with bulging eyes.

"I am so sorry for overstepping the line, but this man here," he speaks, pointing at London by his side. "Has never tasted coffee. Can you believe that?"

The cashier who was about to ask them politely to get back in line gasped in horror, everyone in the line behind them stared in shock, whispering about how outrageous that was.