48. Freedom

Chapter 48: Freedom.

"So... Where are we going now?" Milo speaks from the back seat of Victor's luxurious car, where he was squeezed between the two gigantic builds of London and Arrow.

Toby wanted to sit by his side, but being the stubborn man he is, the human threw a tantrum that made London switch places with his husband.

"Elijah's... " Victor answers shortly, making eye contact with the human in the rearview mirror, making him beam excitedly.

"I missed that bastard!" Milo cheers and looks to his side at London, expecting a large smile yet he is met with a stone cold face.

He doesn't remember you.

The human's heart breaks at that thought and his small immediately falls off his face as he looks down at his lap.

"It's kinda weird that you know us but we don't... " Arrow mutters from his left and Milo lifts his head to look to the vampire. "I mean, by what you said, I was an awful person... I'm sorry for whatever I did... Or I'm supposed to be doing in the future? Gosh, this is just so fucking weird..." He lifts his fingers to massage his temple but Milo smiles at him and put his hand on Arrow's.

"It's okay, I know it's hard to grasp and yes, you were awful to me but you apologized sincerely, besides... The whole point of this going back to the past and correcting the future would be useless if I keep holding grudges." Milo explains, making the vampire nod at his words.

"I think this time we will have it right, we will break the bond and we can each go our separate ways... No needs to shed blood or fight each other..." Victor speaks from the driver's seat while concentrating on the road.

Milo and Arrow nod at his words then silence overtakes the car ride, they reach their destination shortly after and they all jump outside. It was already dark outside but Elijah waited for them after Victor's call so the laboratory's doors were open.

Milo couldn't help the memories of his last time in that place and he finds himself backing away from the entrance instinctively.

"What's wrong?" Victor asks as they all look at him look terrified by the building in front of him.

"I can't...!" Milo shakes his head and closes his eyes, his breathing gets heavier by the second, all of his senses were amplified and every cell in his body was begging him to turn around and leave.

While the three husbands watched him with careful, yet curious eyes, Victor understood exactly what he was going through, or rather what he went through in that same place.

The human's memories and feelings were all over the place and all the warlock had to do was focus to enter his head.

"It's okay, we will be with you!" Victor speaks gently and steps towards Milo to take his small hand in his.

"Can't we do this somewhere else??" Milo's voice cracks at the end, giving away how he truly felt about the place where his nightmares started.

"Oh, c'mon, seriously?" London groans with annoyance but Victor gives him the deathly glare that silences him.

"It's okay, we can go to the coffeeshop down the street, Elijah can bring the package there..." He smiles at Milo who nods approvingly.

Arrow and London look disapprovingly at their husband who was treating the human way too nicely in their opinion but they both knew better than to protest.

They all reach the coffeeshop and order cold refreshments, except Victor who orders a black coffee while they wait.

"I don't know how you can drink that, it looks disgusting..." London gags at the cup of coffee in Victor's hand and Milo couldn't help himself.