45. Guilt

Chapter 45: Guilt

Back to the present:

"I don't understand why you took Victor, that wasn't part of the plan!" Milo complains after pulling out from the hug, memories of his first encounter with Toby were restauring but he doesn't remember targeting Victor in any way.

Their plan was simple, get Toby to mark him, get accepted as one of them, gather the necessary Intel to condemn him and expose his dirty ass before he takes the serum and gets to escape.

"The plane went sideways a long time ago, my friend." Owen holds Milo's shoulder to stare him in the eyes as he speaks, "Malcolm killed Elijah, fortunately for him I can't kill you, but the only way to clean this mess, is if they're all dead!"

"Wait... " Milo could feel his blood rush faster through his veins, his heartbeat accelerated at his friend's words and he found himself stopping him. "You can't kill them! I have a way of cleaning up this mess!" He pleads the man but he looked more than determined.

"You got attached to them..." Owen sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. "I specifically warned you about getting attached to any of them!"

"First of all, don't act like I remembered much of our time, besides I'm not attached, I just need them.... For one more day, them they're all yours!" Milo begs, knowing full well that he was lying, he didn't know how much Owen knew and he didn't want to reveal anything about his current plan or his anchor.

"You have no fucking idea what that psycho of mate did to us when you were gone," Owen had tears in his eyes, he looked beyond pissed and the pain was suddenly too real. "The only person who ever cared... He fucking took him away from me, this is worse than death Milo, I have to pay him back!" He pleads, cupping Milo's face with tears running down his own.

"I know... I know, hey... Hey, Owen, look at me! I know, believe me I do, but I promise you, we can get Elijah back, you have to trust me and give me this one last chance. I will make it right this time!" He promises and pulls his friend into his arms to hug him tight.

The young lady who was working the overnight shift at the coffee shop was looking at them quizzically, not daring to interrupt the small get along few feet away from her. The clock indicated 5 a.m and another hours went by before Milo managed to convince Owen to give him one hour with all of the husbands.

Of course, he left out the part where he was going to die so he gets to travel into a past time and correct the course of things, fearing that the light Fairy would have more questions or prevent him from completing his mission.

"They will wake up soon after I leave, take them to the floor where Victor is and I will give the three of you an hour to do whatever, after that... My men are stepping in to terminate them..." He indicates before he gets up and leaves, leaving a generous tip to the waitress.

Just like promised, the three husbands wake up with a tones of questions. Owen's newly acquired truly scared Milo, he managed to knock the three of them out effortlessly and from a distance, which was impressive for a light fairy against a dark fairy, a vampire and another light fae.

"What happened," Arrow groans as he gains consciousness first.

"Not enough time to talk, we need to go, now!" Milo stands up, pulling the groaning men into their feet without giving them time to regain consciousness and dragging them out.

"What the hell? What time is it?" The three of them looked quite hangover as they followed Milo down the streets and he quickly glances at the wrist watch he stole from Owen while they were hugging.

"Thirty past five, the sun is raising soon, we need to get to Victor now!" He ushers them as his steps get quicker by the second.

"We didn't plan this well- I, wait Milo! We need to find an entrance, Owen's men are at every entrance!" Toby tries to reason with him by holding his arm but now that he remembered what kind of man this was, he quickly pulls his arm away in disgust, making the other two look at each other and shrug their shoulders.