1. Marked

Published : January, 17th, 2021.
Edited : June, 5th, 2021.

Chapter 1: Marked.

It was getting dark outside; the sun had settled a couple of hours ago, and Milo was feeling the stress buildup in his chest.

He didn't like this; he didn't like it one bit, yet he didn't have a choice. It was this or never see his foster brothers again, and the mere thought of them being sold in some human auction terrified him.

He was currently sitting on the desk of a very fancy hotel room, legs dangling in the air, hands circling his waist in a desperate attempt to provide himself with reassurance. He knew the drug he used to abduct the Light Fairy would be wearing off soon, he wished he had more but he used all of it already.

Time was ticking.

His knee moved up and down in an anxious pattern as he sucked his thumb to contain it, but it was far from working. He knew he should've said no; he knew it was too risky, but he did it, anyway.

And there, few feet from him, laid his most terrifying nightmare.

Toby Lux.

He proceeded to check his phone for the millionth time for that evening, hoping to see a sign of the man who charged him with the task. Swallowing the lump in his throat, he pressed the call button, to be met with nothing but the ringing tone.

All he wanted at that point, was to give up and leave that place, after all; he did his job and maintained his part of the deal. He had captured one of the most important people in the Light Fae community and brought him to the meeting place, it's not his fault that the boss didn't respect the schedule.

He nodded, convinced by his own argument and stood up from the sofa, taking a final look at the beautiful Fairy before he started gathering his belongings, ready to leave the place, content that he didn't show his face when he captured him so no one would go after him.

He didn't care what happened to the tied up man, whether his boss showed up and took him, it's not his problem anymore. He couldn't risk staying there longer; the sedatives weren't strong enough to keep Toby out.

He must employ Plan B to get his brothers back.

"Wh... Where am I?" Milo froze in his tracks when he heard the croaky voice of his victim and his hand stopped at the doorknob.

Slowly, but carefully, he turned around to face a puzzled Toby on the bed. He was taking in his surroundings and pulling the restraints when his eyes fell on Milo.

"Who are you?" Toby asked, voice hoarse and his knitted eyebrows gave away his confusion. "What happened? Why am I tied?"

"I.. I am so sorry!" Milo pleaded with a startling in a cry and his face drowned in horror as the realization that the fairy saw him and he would not be spared hit him.

"What did you do to me?" The rope around Toby's wrists started glowing a bright yellow and melting away, he was using his powers to release himself and Milo thought it was his cue to escape, however, he couldn't get the chance to open the door before he felt a body collide with his from behind and a hand slapped the door shut.

"What did you do?" Toby grunted into the human's ear as he held him forcefully against the door.

"I.. it wasn't me, I swear!" Milo pleaded, his heart racing in his ribcage and his entire body shaking.

"Why are you trying to leave?" In a swift movement, he was turned around and now he was facing the once passed out man, with his back against the door.

"Let me go!" Milo tried to wrestle his way out of the shorter man's captivity, but although Toby was two inches shorter, he was stronger and a thousand times faster.