12. Alive

Published: January 28th, 2021.
Edited: ...

-

Think.

Think, Milo, think.

The air around the little human was getting thicker and thicker. London's screams haven't ceased. He was in agony and the chanting didn't stop for a couple of minutes.

He needed to act faster but the fear and the adrenaline had numbed him. He felt trapped. The small window in the opposite wall was meant to let the air in but would never help him slip out. Even if he could, he wasn't going to leave London alone.

With a deep breath, he knelt to the pair of jeans he discarded before entering the shower and took out the lighter that he took from Abby a couple of weeks ago and tested its efficiency. Relief washed over him when a little flame came to life and he kissed the small item.

"I will show you what Milo Woods is made of," he spoke proudly to himself as he started collecting every inflammable object and liquid in the tiny bathroom; from the alcoholic mouthwash to his Cologne, hair spray, deodorant, sanitizers... Etc.

He had his master plan ready as he tore his discarded shirt, making few rags out of it, by the time he started preparing his defense, he noticed the chanting had stopped, which only meant that his presence was not a secret anymore and he lost the element of surprise from failing to be quiet.

"Focus, Milo, focus." He cursed his shaking hands as the last piece of his defense plan was ready to go.

His poor heart was beating a thousand miles an hour, he managed through the panic to make small flammable bombs with the cologne, the alcoholic mouthwash, and few pieces of his torn shirt. Just as he lit the end of the cloth that was half inserted in the two containers, the door opened, revealing a very intimidating lady in a very pretty black dress.

Before giving her the time to react or letting his fear paralyze him in front of a seemingly very powerful witch, he threw the glass cologne bottle at her, which instantly shattered on her forehead from the force of the impact, and took the fire in her face.

Her scream of agony as she tried to stop the spreading fire was an indicator that he is on the right track, just when he expected her to start throwing spells and turn out the fire, he realized that a piece of glass infiltrated her eyeball, causing blood to flow out like a river.

Her other companions were instantly alarmed by her screams but before any of them had the chance to come to her rescue, he already sent the second bomb into the room while hiding behind the open bathroom door.

He knew he missed since all he could hear were their curses but he had one last shot and he had to make it worth it. He stood at the fallen body of the suffering witch and directed his deodorant to her head.

"If I see any of you open their mouth, I will send her crying to daddy Satan before you manage to finish one sentence of your witchy googoo," he spoke with confidence as he made himself visible to the five witches on the other side of the room. Although, on the inside, he was about to piss his pants.

If there is one thing that witches feared, it was the fire.

And oh, the fire he had.

"Let me and my friend go and we will consider inviting you over for Christmas," he ordered and looked at London's bloodied form on the floor.

The second firebomb that he sent fell on the bed, which caught on fire and the flames were consuming the place at an alarming pace, forcing the witches to step back from London's body as they inspected the little human who single-handedly put their leader in great agony.