Chapter 10

Addi hated being unable to do anything. After she was released from the Hospital Wing with strict instructions of taking it easy, she had went straight to the kitchen for a snack as all she had been provided with was some unpleasant potions to help repair her ribs. Entering the place after tickling the pear, she was met with the smell of many different foods and deserts. 

A familiar elf came up to her, big blue eyes wide in excitement. Addi smiled down at her gently. "Hi, Genie, can I get a cup of mint hot chocolate, please?"

Genie squeaked in excitement, bouncing slightly on her skinny legs. "Of course Miss Tyler!"

Addi watched as the elf hurried away with another squeak then slowly walked over to a small table, taking a seat in one of the wooden chairs. Addi placed her head on her fist, watching tiredly as the house elves bustled around her preparing dinner for tonight. Her attention finally snapped away when a trey was placed down in front of her with a mug of mint hot chocolate and a couple of biscuits. Genie hopped into the seat next to her to place a little sprig of rosemary behind her ear - something she would do every time Addi came to visit.

"Thank you, Genie."  Addi smiled at the elf next to her. 

"Of course, Miss Tyler. Heal well," Addi's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

'How'd you know I was healing?"

Genie chittered in excitement. "Everyone's been talking about it, but the Misters Weasley came in the yesterday. One was trying to cheer up the other, Miss, saying that you would be up and out of the Hospital Wing soon."

Addi's cheeks turned slightly red at the revelation. "Oh."

"Yes, but you should be resting Miss Tyler. I shall make your favorite desert for dinner tonight," Genie beamed, hopping off the seat and skipping away to help the others with dinner. 

Addi sat idly, sipping on her hot beverage occasionally. Her mind wandered to a thousand different places and soon enough her hot chocolate was cold. Placing her mug in one of the many sinks, Addi left the kitchen and the elves in peace. There was enough time for her to go up to the dorms and get some rest before dinner. 

~~~

When she woke up, the sky was darkening and dinner had already started. Carefully straightening her outfit being careful of her ribs, she all but ran to the Great Hall. Halting outside the doors, Addi wheezed as a flare of pain shot through her sides. Pushing through the pain, she entered the hall noticing everyone was already neck deep in food and conversations were roaring. Locking eyes with Madam Pomfrey, who gave the girl a disapproving glance, Addi hurriedly took the seat next to Colin Creevey who was sat at the end of the Gryffindor table. The boy jumped in shock from the sudden movement. 

"Addi? Why aren't you sitting with Harry, Ron, and Hermione?"

"I thought I would say hello to my favorite second year first," Colin blushed a deep rouge as he lowered his head to dismiss the laughter of his friends. "Plus, I wanted to say thank you for the pictures while I was in the hospital wing. I can't believe you remembered that I love nature photos."

If it was possible, Colin's blush deepened and he shied away from her slightly. She only giggled slightly and placed a kiss on his cheek. Leaving Colin to his friends, Addi got up and traveled down the table to where her best friends were. Plopping into the open seat between Harry and Dean, she began to pile food onto her plate like normal and joined the conversation. They were talking about going to visit her after dinner. Obviously, they hadn't noticed her yet.

"Well you could go visit her, but I heard she got out earlier today," She told the them as she shoveled a scoop of potatoes into her mouth. All three of them looked at her with wide eyes as she continued to shovel the potatoes into her face. Looking up, she caught their stares and carefully finished swallowing. "What?"

"Addi!" The three shouted causing the conversations around them to falter and die off. Silence filled the hall and Addi looked around meeting the faces of everyone she knew with wide eyes. 

Dropping her fork onto her plate, Addi stood up on the bench so she was towering over everyone. Throwing her hand in the air she smiled. "I'm alive!"

Cheers broke out and many people began to clap including Professor Dumbledore. It was interrupted by Madam Pomfrey who was squawking like a bird. "Miss Tyler! Sit down or I will strap you to a bed so you stay there."

"Yes Madam." Addi hurriedly sat down as students laughed. 

"Glad your better Ads. It wasn't the same around here without you," Harry muttered to her as Hermione pulled a stack of notes out of her bag.

"I've been taking notes for you in every class so you wouldn't get behind." Ron smiled and put a piece of chicken on her plate making Addi light up like a Christmas tree. Hermione gave her an incredulous look. "I take notes for you for a week and Ron gives you a piece of chicken and you're happy?"

"Well yeah...it's chicken." Ron smirked at Hermione after Addi's response while Harry snickered from next to her.

"Hey, Addikins," Addi turned her head toward the voice only to look into the eyes of Fred. "I'm glad you're alright." She smiled at him and gave him a wink before turning back to her friends with pink tinged cheeks.