Chapter 37

As the TARDIS flew through time and space toward planet Earth, the Doctor left Donna in the console room to look for Addi. He had a suspicion of where she had left to and found he was correct as he entered his former companion's room. There on the bed, Addi was curled up with dried tear stains on her cheeks. He sat next to her sleeping form and tried to gently rub the streaks of her face. 

"You were right. It's not fair," he sighed. After a moment, he gently shook her shoulder and smiled when her eyes fluttered open. She didn't return it and he sighed once more, "I need you to come with me while I drop off Donna."

"Is that the bride?" Addi sat up, leaning back on one arm. 

"Yes, I'm returning her to her wedding."

"Just leave me here," Addi frowned, laying back down and turning over.

"I will do no such thing, Addi," he gave her a stern stare even though she couldn't see it. " I refuse to let you be alone right now."

"I don't care!" She sat back up, "I don't want to do anything, I don't want to feel anything, I just want my family back!"

The Doctor just sighed once more, " I know, Addi. If i could bring them back, I would. But they wouldn't want you to waste away. Rose left you in my care, so let me take care of you while you go through this. We will  grieve together."

Through all of the heartache and pain, a surge of gratitude radiated through her and she launched into his arms, mumbling a thank you into his neck. The Doctor hugged back just as tight, carrying her out of bed and back to the console room. 

Setting her down in the singular chair, he started pulling some more levers, occasionally glancing at her to make sure she was still holding up. But, Addi was spaced out, once again staring at the wall of the TARDIS until a veil of white blocked her vision. Looking up, she saw the red-headed woman, Donna, glaring down at her in horror.

"Did he kidnap you too?"

"What?" Addi gaped. "I haven't been kidnapped."

Donna ignored her, spinning around to point an accusing finger at the Doctor, "So, you have kidnapped other girls! And this one clearly has Stockholm's!"

"What are you on about?" Addi stood, going up to block the Doctor from Donna's wrath. "He's my....brother-in-law?"

"He is?"

"I am?"

Addi kicked the Doctor in the shin, "He's with my older sister."

"I don't believe you," Donna stated, crossing her arms. Addi threw her own arms up in exasperation, going back to her chair.

A moment later, she had flown off as they landed. Donna rushed out as the Doctor helped Addi to her feet and dragged her outside after the bride. Addi whined about it, but allowed him to do so. They stopped next to Donna who frowned at the tall man. 

"I said, St. Mary's. What sort of Martian are you? Where's this?"

Addi placed a hand on the side of the blue box, "Something's wrong with her. It's like she's sick."

The Doctor ran back inside and Addi followed. he ran around the console once and shouted to the woman outside, "Recalibrating! She's digesting." he began cooing to the TARDIS until Addi cleared her throat and gave him a pointed look. He shouted to Donna once again, "You've really got to think. Is there anything that might've caused this? Anything you might've done? Any sort of alien contact? I can't let you go wondering off. What if you're dangerous. I mean, have you- have you seen lights in the sky, or did you touch something, like something-something different, something strange? Or something made out of a- box of metal or- Who're you getting married to? Are you sure he's human? He's not  a bit overweight with a zip around his forehead is he? Donna!"