Chapter 18

After their little hospital adventure on New Earth, Addi took a very long nap. She wasn't sure how long, but the next time she woke, Rose was telling her to change into something suitable for the 1970s. With and excited grin, Addi hopped along behind her sister as she led the way to the TARDIS's closet. 

"Oh..." Addi gasped upon entering. It was massive. Clothes of every kind were hung u on different racks and sorted by decade or planet. Rose smirked at Addi's stunned face.

"Come on, I'll put you in something cute," Rose said, leading Addi over to the rack labeled 'The Groovy 70s'

At first, Addi picked out a cute little red bralette thingy with denim bell bottoms. Rose frowned at the top and replaced it with a less revealing long sleeve cropped shirt that flared at the sleeves. It was lavender colored and flowy. Addi nodded with a sheepish blush and walked away to change. She came back out after Rose was done changing with an exasperated sigh as she tripped once again over the belled bottoms of her bell bottoms. Rose giggled and held up a pair of chunky, strapped heels for her. Addi snatched them from her grip and held onto the wall as she slipped them on.

"I feel groovy, baby," Addi sang, spinning in a circle. Rose snorted at her sister she was putting the finishing touches on her own outfit; a pair of black tights and a purple shirt with a crown on it, a pair of denim mini-dungarees, and some black boots.

"Whatever, you nerd. Let's go see if the Doctor approves."

The pair wandered till they found the Doctor playing with something on the console. Rose smiled at him and did a little spin while Addi put up two peace signs.

"What do you think of this? Will it do?" Rose asked him.

"In the late 1970s? You two would be better off in a bin bag. Hold on, listen to this," the Doctor placed a CD into...somewhere and music blasted out around them. "Ian Dury and The Blockheads. Number one in 1979."

"You're a punk," Rose giggled in shock as Addi danced around behind her.

"It's good to be a lunatic," he sang, twirling Addi with a smile as she danced over time him.

"That's what you are. A big old punk with a bit of rockabilly thrown in."

"Would you like to see them?" The Doctor asked the two girls, who smiled in awe.

"How'd you mean? In concert?" Rose asked.

"What else is TARDIS for?" The Doctor smirked.

"Well-" 

"Shush, you," He pointed at Addi with a fake serious glare. She threw her hands up in defense with a wink. "Anyways! I can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November, 1979. What do you think?"

The sisters shared a look.

"Sheffield it is!"

"Hold on tight," He shouted while banging a rhythm of the song onto the console. 

Addi wasn't quick enough and fell sideways with a short scream.