Chapter 14

When Addi woke up the next morning, her heart raced at the thought of it being a dream. Rushing out of her room and into the kitchen, her breathing slowed when she saw Rose, her mum, and the Doctor sitting around the table drinking tea. They all looked at her when she barged in.

"You're still here," Addi smiled at Rose.

"Course I am! I talked to the Doctor and Mum about it after you went to bed, but...how would you feel about going for a trip in the TARDIS?" Rose grinned back at her sister, who squinted slightly.

"You want me to come with you into time and space?" Addi asked suspiciously, glancing at the Doctor who gave her a ridiculous smile.

"Two Tyler's on board the TARDIS. Nothing would be better," The Doctor exclaimed before a thoughtful expression fell on his face. "Well..."

"I have to be back before school starts again," Addi gave in, causing Rose to light up like a Christmas tree.

"Yay! I missed going on adventures with you," Rose rushed out of the kitchen and into her sister's room to pack Addi a bag.

"What adventures did you go on?" The Doctor asked curiously.

Addi gave a wistful smile at the memories. "Rose and I would walk all over London and call them adventures. We wouldn't know where we were going until we got there."

"Nearly scared me half to death, you two. They never left a note," Jackie but in, rushing out of the kitchen when the phone rang.

"Are you sure you want me to come along?" Addi asked the Doctor, who just gave her a weird face causing her to giggle.

"Are you kidding! This will be the most interesting thing I've ever seen," Another thoughtful expression. "Well..."

Addi chuckled again and threw a sugar cube at him. He was nothing more than a big, curious child at heart. This trip would certainly be interesting, especially since the Doctor seemed to know more about her than she did.

~~~

They were all outside saying goodbye while the Doctor was inside powering up the TARDIS. Addi was hanging off of Mickey's back as she told him about how her school year was going so far. Rose was talking to their mum.

"Have you got everything, you two?" Jackie asked her daughter's worriedly. 

"We've got everything, don't worry," Rose reassured her as Addi climbed off of Mickey.

"Bye, Mickie! I'll see you soon hopefully," Addi hugged the older man.

Mickie wrapped his arms around her little body. "Don't get into too much trouble. You still have to tell that boy that you like him," He teased playfully as Addi pushed his shoulder lightly, cheeks covered in a light blush.

"I don't like him, shut up."

"Alright Addi, time to go," Rose called over to her. Addi jumped excitedly running over to her mother to say goodbye.

"I love you mum! I promise to be careful and take care of Rose and the Doctor," Jackie pulled her youngest into a tight hug.

"They better take care of you first." Pulling away, Addi gave her mother a kiss on the cheek. 

The TARDIS hummed happily as Addi entered causing the Doctor to furrow his eyebrows. Addi practically skipped to the council and next to the Doctor as Rose boarded and shut the doors behind her. Taking the spot across from her sister and the Doctor, she smiled excitedly at them.

"So, where are we going?"

"Further than we've ever gone before," He replied with a smirk, shoving a lever forward. The TARDIS shook wildly sending Addi falling into the Doctor, who caught her as they both tumbled to the floor.